advertisement

Flatpopely NAIM based ABX test - 24th August

Maybe, don't think it matters in the context of a level matched test as proposed.

Only that if you get a positive result ie. "sounds different" and perhaps better with the 135, you won't know if it is because the 135 is a better amp, or because the Nait needs a service.

Wish I could join you though!

Tim

Cool beans, Mdac+++ will be back by then, hopefully if it ships tomorrow. Shall i bring it along?

I'm looking forward to the results of this. I hope there's a positive result that forms a basis for constructing routine experiments. It would be good, for example, to give the testee the control over A/B/X.

FWIW there is no need to keep the identities of A and B secret.

Paul

Just spent the evening marking out the case for drilling tomorrow and wiring on Thursday.

Also selected the track..........!

Looking forward to the results.

I'm curious why the sequence of 'A,B,X,X,X,X,X,X' will be the same for each listener. Wouldn't it be better to randomise the sequence so listeners can not tell each other what they thought?

I'm curious why the sequence of 'A,B,X,X,X,X,X,X' will be the same for each listener. Wouldn't it be better to randomise the sequence so listeners can not tell each other what they thought?
Also, I would humbly suggest to do it more like 'A,B,A,B,X,X,X,X,X' since it's quite hard to identify the differences from just one listen to A and B.

Looking forward to the results.

I will change A and B between sessions so they don't know!

This is such a generous thing you are doing Flat, thanks. Just like your fab turntable events of the past. I would certainly have attended had I not been away.

This is such a generous thing you are doing Flat, thanks. Just like your fab turntable events of the past. I would certainly have attended had I not been away.

Many thanks!

Just hope I can tell the difference when I take the test at the end!

advertisement

Back