advertisement

Fence

Good news for dogs
Bad news for chickens!
The progress in chicken rearing is astonishing. It accounts for why the stuff is so incredibly cheap. I'm not an expert in the raising and rearing aspect of food, my influence is only from delivery to slaughterhouse and subsequent conversion to edible meat. However I know that there are "conversion figures" that lay out how many kg of chicken feed is needed to produce a kg of live chicken. It's currently at something incredible like 1.6 or 1.8. Now OK, a proportion of that will be non edible (say 50%?) but it means that a 2kg chicken eats less than 4kg of meal in its whole life. There is no comparison between chicken meal quality and fresh chicken meat. It's a miraculous transformation, worthy of JC and the loaves and fishes.

I do reserve the right to have the 1.6 to 1.8 figure wrong. It seems totally impossible to do this over the course of 5 weeks.

The progress in chicken rearing is astonishing. It accounts for why the stuff is so incredibly cheap. I'm not an expert in the raising and rearing aspect of food, my influence is only from delivery to slaughterhouse and subsequent conversion to edible meat. However I know that there are "conversion figures" that lay out how many kg of chicken feed is needed to produce a kg of live chicken. It's currently at something incredible like 1.6 or 1.8. Now OK, a proportion of that will be non edible (say 50%?) but it means that a 2kg chicken eats less than 4kg of meal in its whole life. There is no comparison between chicken meal quality and fresh chicken meat. It's a miraculous transformation, worthy of JC and the loaves and fishes.

I do reserve the right to have the 1.6 to 1.8 figure wrong. It seems totally impossible to do this over the course of 5 weeks.
Incredible..I had chicken yesterday

advertisement

Back