advertisement

Felt Reissues (23rd Feb 2018)

irons1965

pfm Member
Cherry Red have finally got around to reissuing Felt's complete back catalogue in two batches of 5.
The first lot arrive on the above date in both deluxe CD boxes/7" Singles and gatefold vinyl LP's.
They are a bit expensive for what you get but the initial run (of CD boxes) are signed by Lawrence.
My only caveat is that he has remixed some of the tracks on 'Ignite The Seven Cannons' plus it is missing a track over the original release;-

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/artist/felt/

Last edited:
And why on earth would you retitle "Let the Snakes Crinkle Their Heads to Death"?

And why on earth would you retitle "Let the Snakes Crinkle Their Heads to Death"?

Apparently he wanted the Seventeenth Century to be the original title so now he's seen fit to alter things....My favourite track on that record btw....

Last edited:
Frustrating. I just want CDs of Crumbling... and The Splendour of Fear. I foolishly got rid of them when I started to use Spotify and at some point Felt's albums disappeared from the service. Grrr!

Wow - great news - thanks for that. Really love Lawrence's stuff - two of my favourite LPs are Forever Breathes The Lonely Word and Back In Denim.
Mark

I LOVE Back in Denim! The Go-Kart Mozart ones have their moments too.

Any of you folks seen "Lawrence of Belgravia"? Hard to describe if if you haven't, but definitely worth tracking down if you're interested in Felt, Denim, Lawrence, or the general compulsion to make art.

I LOVE Back in Denim! The Go-Kart Mozart ones have their moments too.

Any of you folks seen "Lawrence of Belgravia"? Hard to describe if if you haven't, but definitely worth tracking down if you're interested in Felt, Denim, Lawrence, or the general compulsion to make art.

Yes I've got the DVD - That last scene with the camera very slowly panning out away from his flat is wonderful.

It also proved that John Peel didn't always have great taste;)

A hefty parcel just arrived containing the 5 CD boxes (they look great) - Will immerse myself when I get time this coming weekend....Now to start saving for the next 5....

A hefty parcel just arrived containing the 5 CD boxes (they look great) - Will immerse myself when I get time this coming weekend....Now to start saving for the next 5....
Wowsa. I probably need these. Where did you get them from?

Albums up on Deezer now so probably on Spotify etc.
The remastering sounds excellent and the remixed tracks on 'Ignite...' sound less fkg Cocteau Twins and more 'Felt' now....Still can't get on with 'Primitive Painters' though, Felt's worst moment for me.

Last edited:
Just bagged them all on vinyl. Can anybody feed me for the next couple of weeks? Or I’ll be as skinny as Lawrence.

Albums up on Deezer now so probably on Spotify etc.
The remastering sounds excellent and the remixed tracks on 'Ignite...' sound less fkg Cocteau Twins and more 'Felt' now....Still can't get on with 'Primitive Painters' though, Felt's worst moment for me.
Yes, definitely on Spotify although I had to search by album title rather than band name before I found them. Nice to hear The Splendour of Fear again (the guitar outro on The Stagnant Pool is epic).

Last edited:
Hi,
Thanks for that - I have the Crumbling and Poem Cds (and the humbly titled Absolute Classic Masterpieces cds). What is the best CD anyone?

I picked up the (expensive!) vinyl of ITSC and Splendour of Fear. Both sound excellent. Very clean and clear. ITSC is quite a radical departure from all previous versions but I never liked the cheap reverb anyway and the Deebank/Duffy interplay is much clearer now. Even the tracks that haven't been remixed sound a lot clearer than my CD copy. One thing to note is that - contrary to the Stereogum review - the running speed of the first two cuts on ITSC has not been altered. They can't have done a direct comparison so why they said it, I have no idea, but it does indicate how different the new mixes sound.

advertisement

Back