advertisement

Favourite new album releases of 2022

Ashley-McBryde-Lindeville-1663862284-870x870.jpg

The new Nightingales album The Last Laugh is an absolute force of nature. Glam rock drums, more riffs than you can shake a stick at and the genius lyrics of Rob Lloyd. And that’s just after one listen.

Not really found much to love this year, don't know if it's because there is so much going on outside of music that I haven't been looking hard enough or what.

Sure others have come across Louis Cole; new to me. 6th album release and its a brill - proper journey of an album pulling on loads of styles and influences.

Louis Cole: Quality over Opinion

Nils Frahm "For the animals". Banks of synths rather than acoustic piano. I have only had a chance to run through it once and am yet to let the whole sound scape wash over me.

Not really found much to love this year, don't know if it's because there is so much going on outside of music that I haven't been looking hard enough or what.

Same here Matt, I hear tracks that I like but when I check out the albums I'm not keen. I'm starting to worrry it may be my age!

Cheers BB

Five diverse tracks on Map.ache’s So Oder So, these gorgeous (loved up, deepish house) grooves on repeat here now...

The lovely die cut cover shown above (the red is the inner liner) thankfully arrived very safely from Giegling in Berlin... ordered so long ago, I’d almost forgotten about their new Brexit prices, ffs!

Building Something Beautiful For Me, the third 2022 release from Loraine James and my second pick after the ambient-minded Whatever The Weather, inspired by works from pioneering composer, Julius Eastman.

Last edited:
Hania Rani, Alfa Mist, Eydís Evensen, Machinedrum, Dustin O’Halloran and more bring their own sound to Ólafur Arnalds’ some kind of peace - piano reworks.

I’m sure I posted this mesmerising ‘Woven Song’ when the album was announced, but as it’s pretty good...

Not ground breaking in any way, but I love the new Drugdealer Lp. Ostensibly a West Coast rock tribute act, this LP throws in some decent song writing to mix up with the sunshine vibes, giving it some stand alone value. Happy music.

And two more big albums for me - with more of a Jazz flavour. Blue Note: Re imagined 2 … with some lovely covers

advertisement

Back