advertisement

fave floyd ?

Piper, the live bit of Ummagumma (Careful with that Axe Eugene off here might be my favourite track of theirs), Meddle & WYWH.

My father bought Ummagumma after seeing them at the Bath festival and used to play 'Several species of small furry animals' to entertain/scare my siblings and I.

meddle. atomheart mother, saucerful has some gems and wish you were here, animals at times never dsotm, the wall has been looked away with youth never to come back thankfully...

No love for OBC??? Check out Mudmen...best PF track eva...fact:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Piper
Relics
Meddle
TW

I've got most of the others barring OBC and The Derision Bell as well. I've weirdly got TW on 8track as well...

DSOTM - fav album out of everything I own ! Stems from childhood !
Animals
Division Bell

Obscured By Clouds is such an odd fish, I think they dashed off to France and recorded it all in a very short period of time, after work on DSOM had already commenced. I dunno if they were using up all their leftovers before their grandiose statement album, but it seems like the end of an era.

I wish there had been more material in the style of Meddle and Obscured By Clouds.

Not cool to admit among so many Floydanistas but it has to be DSOTM. Love Meddle, WYWH, Animals, The Wall and Division Bell. Quite like The Final Cut but DSOTM is an exceptional bit of work and over exposure or familiarity doesn't change that for me.

I like Piper (especially the songs), have a soft spot for Meddle and WYWH, hate The Wall and hardly ever listen to DSOTM and the others.

advertisement

Back