advertisement

FACT 12 anyone heard it ?

What is your 16/17 year old ss amp?

My amp is called Prime Design A100 only 100 were produced and not fully completed, it never came onto the market due to it being sent for review before the design was signed off furthermore the reviewer damaged it during the review. A electronics consultant friend of mine has made modifications and I can not find a better sounding amp despite trying many.

Fact 12s are being demonstrated at the Whittlebury show today and tomorrow
Like the Fact 8s I found them rather diaspointing and not to my taste

Thanks you are I think the 4th poster who does not like the overpriced Fact 8 not suprised at your comment re the Fact 12,

Fact 12s are being demonstrated at the Whittlebury show today and tomorrow
Like the Fact 8s I found them rather diaspointing and not to my taste

Where as I thought they were one of the better/best sounding speakers/rooms I heard in the show.... FACT do things different, until you get adjusted to what they do you don't realise how crap most other box speakers sound like.

They had a very smooth and seemed fuller and warmer sounding, with incredible bass power for such slim and small speakers. They actual were set with the bass switch on cut as the room couldn't take the flat setting to well.
They all FACT they have the the incredible fast tight sound that perhaps some people are not use too.
But 12k is 12k, and I'll agree a huge amount of money for any piece of Hi-Fi... but then a BMW/Porsche/Jag isn't cheap either and you see plenty of them around.... and Rolex watches and and .... you get the idea ;)

Thanks for the heads-up Steve. He's certainly a complete

... and you will find Disbeliever (AKA highfidelity) does the same in relation to Devialet on HiFi Wigwam until, allegedly, his real identity was exposed.

On topic, the Fact 12s are, in my opinion, pretty fine if you come from the territory of liking Quad electrostatics like the 63, 988, 2805.

Heard them in four rooms today. Nothing special about them. A little disjointed and lacking control in the bass.

I must have missed two rooms, only heard them in the HiFi Lounge room and the CAD room, which was playing some strange music.... Not that rooms at show are ever much cop.... As was discussed in the room treatment seminar....

Heard them in four rooms today. Nothing special about them. A little disjointed and lacking control in the bass.

In all four rooms?
Shame really for 12K!! They obviously haven't managed to recreate an IB2i in a skinny box then ,as they certainly don't lack control in the bass,but they are only 13.5k .

Though there are people who have heard them and say PMC have done exactly that. All down to individual taste, as usual.

Kudos ? IMO No speaker is worth the price of a new car. I enjoy the slim Aurousal VSx there is so little difference to the Focalstage ,I decided it was not worthwhile to make a change. I have owned expensive speakers in the past including top B & W models, IMF , KEF, custom made large TLS & Quad ELS-63.
Gerald, why do you troll so?

Trolling like that is a sort of sabotage , as google and other search engines crawls around the web , a lot of negativity come up on general and forum specific searches , one malcontent and malevolent guy can do a lot of damage..

Trolling like that is a sort of sabotage , as google and other search engines crawls around the web , a lot of negativity come up on general and forum specific searches , one malcontent and malevolent guy can do a lot of damage..

Funny that, with a certain product very familiar to this forum and always in the pinkfishmedia audio discussion top 10 the same guy's name pops up praising it and comparing it to products that cost 5 times as much. It's like a mass marketing without paying!!! It's just over discussed everywhere for the sake of it. The opposite of Dis. Of course they have no real affiliation with any manufacturers at all:rolleyes:

It was the hifi lounge room where they sounded most disjointed, they weren't bad in the cad room, just nothing special, the whole room sounded warmed over. I didn't feel there was anything about them that stood out, but then that's the way with shows, and I'm no fan of the sound of ported bass anyway.

advertisement

Back