advertisement

Endeavour

One of my best pal’s son directed this evening’s episode. His daughter was also acting in it.
I’m still a series behind.

We've been fans since the first series, but felt that the first two episodes of this series missed the mark a bit. So while we're continuing to record them, we haven't felt motivated to catch up just yet.

I agree. Brilliant and lovely to see the relationships settle into the ones we know from the Morse books. I hope they manage to take the series up to ‘75. In fact, they should end on a dramatisation of the first Dexter book.

Stephen

I like Endeavour for the quality of the actors, acting and period detail, which go a long way to making up for the often less than credible plots. Having said that, I thought this latest series, especially the latter half, had more credible and exciting story lines, and a more nuanced approach to the lives and attitudes of the leading characters. I was glad to hear a new series is in the pipeline.

I have enjoyed all the seasons so far. With Fred seemingly turning to the dark side I felt this season would be where we could see Morse becoming the morose and somewhat ill tempered character portrayed by John Thaw. Its McNutt that is mentioned in the series as being Morse's mentor and not Fred Thursday but I haven't read the books so no idea if hes in them.
I wonder if there will be a single turning point for the young Endeavour as it seems there was an ideal opportunity this episode to provide one.

Love the sixties environment where everyone smoked like chimneys and it's 'spot the car I had'. Wife is watching an old series right now, and the new has been recorded. One we've seen seems a notch up on the old. Enjoyable Midsomer Murders type stuff, but better and fewer murders ! I just wish they'd chosen someone who could have conceivably grown into John Thaw from a visual aspect, though.

Last edited:
Love the sixties environment where everyone smoked like chimneys and it's 'spot the car I had'. Wife is watching an old series right now, and the new has been recorded. One we've seen seems a notch up on the old. Enjoyable Midsommer Murders type stuff, but better and fewer murders ! I just wish they'd chosen someone who could have conceivably grown into Morse from a visual aspect, though.

I agree with your last point to a certain extent but for me it doesn't detract from what has been an excellent series.

I agree with your last point to a certain extent but for me it doesn't detract from what has been an excellent series.

You should wait and see what 30+ years of real ale consumption does to the human body.

Activates the mind though, so worth the exchange, imho.

PS: Great new series on ITV1, not available on catchup yet, so
set your tivo or what ever to record.

We're still an episode behind. We've recorded it so can skip through the adverts, much better that way.

I enjoy all of the Morse related series.

You should wait and see what 30+ years of real ale consumption does to the human body.

Activates the mind though, so worth the exchange, imho.

John Thaw himself could tell you. He died at the age of ( only ) 60 after a life of heavy drinking.

advertisement

Back