advertisement

Edwards Little Belter vs Rega White

Conster

pfm Member
Looking to change the belt on my P3-24 and most of the shops were sold out of the Rega White Belt. So I decided to try the Edwards belt. Two things that I have discovered. First off the sound appears to be considerably brighter than the stock rega belt and perhaps I am hearing either more surface noise or motor noise. Or perhaps it just sounds louder. It's almost digital in tonal balance compared to the stock belt. Less organic if you will.

Secondly it appears to be running slower as well. The belt is obviously tighter than the stock table belt and while that one is running a bit fast I assume it is due to the age and it being stretched out more from use.

My gut is to return it and wait for the white belt. Anyone else out there notice these observations?

I've had a couple of customers buy White Belts to replace their Edward's.

I have White Belts in stock, so not sure why you can't source one.

Odd that it should have changed so profoundly. I would definitely say that it needs replacing though :(.

I'm using a rubber seal that came on the lid of a travel mug at the moment, it's thinner and smaller in diameter but it works just fine, I tried cleaning the White rega belt with washing up liquid but it's still coffee brown.

Interesting one this. I changed from a Rega White Belt to a Little Belter, and ran it in for a few months. Then I reverted back to the White Belt, and it beat the LB hands down in every respect. A real night and day experience.

Use the white belt. It gives a small but measurable improvement in both speed accuracy and stability.

advertisement

Back