advertisement

ECM titles now available to stream

Excellent and I had noticed their absence until now. Thanks from me too.

Rich

Great spot! I can confirm that they're available on Spotify. You've saved me a fortune. Many thanks.

Great news but that’s going to cost me loads: I still use Spotify as a listening booth. Playing Roscoe Mitchell’s Bells for the South Side which will be in a basket sometime soon

Great news but that’s going to cost me loads: I still use Spotify as a listening booth. Playing Roscoe Mitchell’s Bells for the South Side which will be in a basket sometime soon

I played that this morning, never heard of him before but it reminded a lot of John Zorn.

How do I search for ECM in Qobuz? I'm new to this, and searching for "ecm" only came up with artist names.
Ah, got it! Type "ECM" and look in albums, not artists.

Thank you ever so much for the info! Just beefed up my Qobuz sub to Sublime+ the other week and have been really enjoying it. But the ECM catalogue has been sadly missing, so this is great news. A quid a day for such riches is incredible.

(btw, The Koln Concert is available in 24/96 on Qobuz Sublime, as are many, many other great recordings.)

Last edited:
Excellent and I had noticed their absence until now. Thanks from me too.

Rich

Mitchell was / is in The Art Ensemble of Chicago who made a few records for ECM back in the 80s - Urban Bushman is my favourite. They also featured Lester Bowie - his Great Pretender is worth checking out. Mitchell was also on Jack DeJohnette’s From Chicago on ECM last year. All worth a listen now the catalogue is streaming.

How do I search for ECM in Qobuz? I'm new to this, and searching for "ecm" only came up with artist names.
Ah, got it! Type "ECM" and look in albums, not artists.

If you click on ‘ECM Records’ in the label section of the search results you’ll get a list of all the albums.

advertisement

Back