advertisement

DxO optics pro 10

ariegur

pfm Member
I'm using Capture One pro.

While reading a lot about mirrorless cameras, I was leaded to the DxO site and I downloaded the DxO pro 10 for trial. I find the DxO much easier to use and not as loaded as the Capture One (not an advantage for all). The "dust remove" tool far away better with the DoX than with the Capture one and this tool is very important to me. The app is also setting automatically each picture for better exposure and colors (which can be reset if you don't like it - but it does a good job to my taste).

Do you have experience with this app?

Arye

I use Capture One Pro 7/8 and really like it. It has a steep learning curve but the results are just far better than anything else I've used bar Photo Ninja. The workflow is so flexible too. It's my main go to Raw software. Actually I also use Lr 5, Photo Ninja, RPP and Iridient as well! I tried DXO and didn't care for it at all. Also it runs like treacle on my Mac. The thing is with all this software is it takes a significant investment in your time and brain cells learning the thing, so I'm not surprised people stick with what they know. As always it's a case of YMMV with these things.

I use Capture One Pro 7/8 and really like it. It has a steep learning curve but the results are just far better than anything else I've used bar Photo Ninja. The workflow is so flexible too. It's my main go to Raw software. Actually I also use Lr 5, Photo Ninja, RPP and Iridient as well! I tried DXO and didn't care for it at all. Also it runs like treacle on my Mac. The thing is with all this software is it takes a significant investment in your time and brain cells learning the thing, so I'm not surprised people stick with what they know. As always it's a case of YMMV with these things.

I agree with your opinion on Capture one pro but the dusk removal issue. LT is far better than Capture One in this subject and DxO too. DxO doesn't close to Capture One while comparing features of these two apps, but when nothing special is needed I find DxO easy and good app to work with.

I decided that I start to take pictures on both raw+jpg although it doubles the use of space on card, but I want to see the ability of the Canon 5d mk 1 in jpg, how funny it may be sound, I'd never tested it...

Arye

advertisement

Back