advertisement

Dual TeddyCap How to check for valid operation.

kiran1103

I am waiting for a 282 that I bought and in the meantime a local sale came up for Dual TeddyCap. The previous owner said it may be the cause of issues with 282 that he got it repaired and recapped. He mentioned that remote circuitry was not working and when repaired the work involved recap and regulator changed. I believe 282 doesn't have any regulator so it would have been a NAPSC, which also validates that remote was not working which is in digital circuitry. Now I got the Dual teddycap today and checked for voltages. NAPSC section was at 17.82V and the 5 pin SNAIC outputs were 25.12V. So they are consistent on voltages. Is there anything else that I should check before I plug it. In other words, how do I verify that the Dual Teddy Cap is operating as it should? Thanks in advance

Thank you. I do have a scope but still learning how to use it. So it’s just looking at sine wave and see if it’s perfect over a period of time?

Thank you. I do have a scope but still learning how to use it. So it’s just looking at sine wave and see if it’s perfect over a period of time?
Might be worth posting in the DIY section. Also contact TP direct, always found them helpful when I’ve emailed questions.

No certainly not a sine wave from a PSU.

It should be just a straight line with no ripple (ie constant voltage). You quite possibly won't even be able to get the scope to lock since there should be no repeating variable signal for it to lock on to so you may need to force a slow timebase.

advertisement

Back