advertisement

Dual Teddycap cabling

Chris1234

pfm Member
I’ve just bought a used dual Teddycap and was hoping that someone could provide me with a simple cabling diagram of how to cable it to my Naim Nac 82 pre amp and my Nap 300 power amp. I’ve got bits and pieces of information from the internet but no source provides me with the full picture. Help!

Teddy is extremely helpful, he sent me diagrams and info when I had a big Naim rig and his pdf manuals weren't downloading.

Thanks for the advice. I have found all of the items which you refer to but I still have 2 specific problems:

1. The Teddy diagram only shows 2 sockets on the back of the 82 whereas it has 3 so which 2 do I use?

2. The Nap 300 has two connections into my existing Hicap but the teddy instructions assume that you use a 250 which only requires a single connection. So which of the other outputs on the back of the Dualteddycap is used for the second cable from the 300?

Thanks again to all

You connect the DTC to the two 5 pin 240 degree sockets on the 82. Assuming you have the teddy leads (or snaic 5's) then these are the only two sockets they will fit into on the 82 so easy to identify. Top right from the front. You don't use the 4 pin socket between the two.

You connect the 300 to the DTC using the two four pin sockets, which are the only two you have left to use. It doesn't matter which socket on the DTC is connected to which channel of the amp, but it does matter that each channel of the amp is connected by the correct colour coded Din to XLR lead.

Assuming you didn't previously have an SCDR you're about to experience a significant upgrade.

Suggest you email TP and get it straight from the horses mouth.

You connect the DTC top left 4 pin to Ch2 300 and the DTC middle 4 pin to Ch1 300 (this from memory so be careful and check with TP first)

This is the 82 --> 2 x HiCaps + NAPSC diagram

You connect the DTC to the two 5 pin 240 degree sockets on the 82. Assuming you have the teddy leads (or snaic 5's) then these are the only two sockets they will fit into on the 82 so easy to identify. Top right from the front. You don't use the 4 pin socket between the two.

You connect the 300 to the DTC using the two four pin sockets, which are the only two you have left to use. It doesn't matter which socket on the DTC is connected to which channel of the amp, but it does matter that each channel of the amp is connected by the correct colour coded Din to XLR lead.

Assuming you didn't previously have an SCDR you're about to experience a significant upgrade.

Thanks for your reply, very helpful. As I’m a novice to naim kit can you please explain the bit about the din to X-Large leads

One has a red band for right and the other has a green band for left. They have to go into the right and left inputs of the 300. In older kit Channel 1 is left.

If they are the wrong way round you will get silence.

One has a red band for right and the other has a green band for left. They have to go into the right and left inputs of the 300. In older kit Channel 1 is left.

If they are the wrong way round you will get silence.
So if I leave the existing cables in the back of the 300 and just plug the other ends into the DTC then everything should work ok?

A quick update. The DTC arrived today and eagerly set it up as per instructions - and all I got was no music and a terrible hum out of the speakers. So changed cabling around just in case. Still nothing. Reinstalled my Hicap all was well so went back to to install the DTC. Still nothing. During this time I was phoning and emailing dealer and teddypardo. So after 5 hours teddypardo finally came up with the solution- their cabling diagram is wrong. The cables into the back of the 82 should be swapped over from their diagram. Tried it and all is well

Finally listening to some music and all sounds well. Soundstage better, voices more distinct and more bite to percussion. Early days but sounds good so far

advertisement

Back