advertisement

Dropbox image in post?

UserSteve

pfm Member
I've tried to add the BB Code tags to display my Dropbox image in my posts. But it doesn't seem to work.

Has anyone else successfully done this with with Dropbox, or is it not possible?

Here is the text I tried adding to my post with the begin and end IMG tags:
[IMG]https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/v7g6ky5o0a8tdwkortk3h/WispOfSnow.jpg?rlkey=4zkxejlfd1mv5hgzl98zkii3d&dl=0[/IMG]

And this is how it displays:
WispOfSnow.jpg

I've done that successfully, but they disappear after a (short) while:

For example, here today, gone (icon with a red X) tomorrow:

p.jpeg

p.jpeg

I've tried to add the BB Code tags to display my Dropbox image in my posts. But it doesn't seem to work.

Has anyone else successfully done this with with Dropbox, or is it not possible?

Here is the text I tried adding to my post with the begin and end IMG tags:
[IMG]https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/v7g6ky5o0a8tdwkortk3h/WispOfSnow.jpg?rlkey=4zkxejlfd1mv5hgzl98zkii3d&dl=0[/IMG]

And this is how it displays:
WispOfSnow.jpg

Although this works (at the moment):

p.jpeg

@Howdy , I got it working using your suggested method (as per my previous post above), but the photos now are displaying as red X icons. Any idea why that is?

@Howdy , I got it working using your suggested method (as per my previous post above), but the photos now are displaying as red X icons. Any idea why that is?

No, idea, as I said in post #4, they tend to disappear after a while for no apparent reason.

The pics are still in Dropbox, but perhaps they change the URL, so older address is not correct any more?

Try replacing dl=0 at the end of your Dropbox shared image link with raw=1 (still need the IMG tags on).

Rega prototype Planar DD from CB's Dropbox:
Rega-Direct-Drive-Prototype-1.jpg

Interesting, but that only explains half of the problem - not the disappearing issues, the links to my images above don't have dl=0.

Let's see how long this works then, image of @UserSteve posted with tip from @Craig B :

WispOfSnow.jpg

I used Dropbox to post for a while until Tony updated the site. The raw=1 solution was the one I used.

advertisement

Back