advertisement

Do's and dont's at Hifi shows

Sure is. A 4 hour or so trip for me. That is far what with being on a Sunday & a late trip back, will be so tired by Monday! 😴
4 1/2 hours, each way for me and I'll have to endure getting to bed at 2am, various bouts of drinking, curry, and talking bollocks inbetween. Oh yeah, and staying awake all day Sunday whilst exhibiting followed by more beer and curry.

4 1/2 hours, each way for me and I'll have to endure getting to bed at 2am, various bouts of drinking, curry, and talking bollocks inbetween. Oh yeah, and staying awake all day Sunday whilst exhibiting followed by more beer and curry.
Phew! None decided whether to make the trip even tho' I'm quite used to doing such trips. Likely will take longer once had a short break. More bothered with very early start... 🥱

Anyone going to Munich? Flight and Hotel booked for next year so hoping it will be good. If not there’s plenty of beer to drink.

This subject is of interest to me.

I have never attended a HiFi show. I have no idea what to expect. The Wife would have to attend with me as the whole idea of it makes me nervous as heck.

I would have to be able to sit down.
There was one at Kegworth I think that was about 30 minutes away, but I was far too inexperienced to even consider going.

It would be nice to get some actual advice.
Hi Big Tabs Next WAM or HIFI show close to us - I'll go with you - I can drive too - they are odd events but you get to hear and see really different systems exhibited by enthusiasts. Hope all is well with you and yours. Regards, Mike

Hi Big Tabs Next WAM or HIFI show close to us - I'll go with you - I can drive too - they are odd events but you get to hear and see really different systems exhibited by enthusiasts. Hope all is well with you and yours. Regards, Mike
WAM show Barnsley Sunday 29th October

https://show.hifiwigwam.com/

Big Tabs Beobloke (thanks etc) just posted this Are you available? I'm going anyway!

Anyone going to Munich? Flight and Hotel booked for next year so hoping it will be good. If not there’s plenty of beer to drink.
Just noticed this question and Yes, I'll definitely be going as not only is the Thursday my birthday, but it's a big one with a '0' on the end...

Don't under any circumstances no matter how hungry spend £ 9 on a special offer curly sandwich can of Diet Coke and a bag of crisps .
Yes looking at you Staverton Park Hotel

Room 238 - some big homebuilt JBL studio monitor clones playing CDs, biamped, Alegri+ pre, Harmon Kardon Amps, Audiolab 6000, Young DAC, various digital bits, homebuilt interconnects.
Fishies do please introduce yourselves and bring some favourite tracks to play!:)

Try not to laugh when they change the speaker cables for one's which cost more than your system at home and don't make the slightest bit of difference!

Went to the WAM show last year and a splendid time was had by all! Shame I can't make it this year - it's a 25,000 mile round trip!

Try not to laugh when they change the speaker cables for one's which cost more than your system at home and don't make the slightest bit of difference!

Saw Russ Andrews do this at a show a few years ago. Bumped up the volume a tad and the mug punters were sold on it.

(Allegedly, of course) ;)

advertisement

Back