advertisement

Data in the French Alps

garyi

leave blank
My son has landed in Le Plagne. I thought I had him set up with his phone but he is getting nada. Its Smarty which I think uses Three.

Well anyhow he may get by on various wifi spots but it dod get me wondering, is there masts in the alps for mobile? I have not been for 25 years!

Amazing google is not being terrifically helpful. I am guessing yes because when I ask I get a bunch of websites offering me sims.

Hi,
There are masts for Bouygues and SFR only.
It seems Three will only work with Orange in France.
So no roaming in La Plagne unfortunately.
The only way for him to use his phone is to get a new sim.
Edit : there is an Orange mast further down south in the village (résidence Odalys rooftop). So I guess he’s too far away from that spot?

Yeah I guess. I wonder if he can pick up a holiday sim in the village. Thanks for the help.

They actually do thankfully this has to be like the last week of the season but there is a bit

Yes of course!
He can subscribe on line. In your case, just avoid Orange and Sosh, and Free with no reliable service up there.

Yes good thinking but his wifi is sketchy is it something I can manage from here?

I know its not a big deal for us oldies, but its their entire lives.

It seems like a good solution yes. The site is legit indeed. Bouygues is what I’ve had for 18 years.

Well I spoke to a nice lady called natalie and its all done the only challenge with esims is having to scan the qrcode to activate, so dumb. So I have texted him it, he now has to find someone he can air drop it to so he can than actually scan it lol.

advertisement

Back