advertisement

Coulson detained for perjury

Tony L

Administrator
News just breaking on the BBC that Andy Coulson has been detained for perjury!

The gift, it keepeth giving...

I knew this morning when my alarm clock inexplicably gave me an extra 5 minutes sleep for no reason, and opened the curtains to see a blue sky that this was going to be a good day.
Wouldn't it be great if Mark Thatcher was accidentally given an incredibly strong laxative this afternoon whilst in the middle of a very long business meeting. Is that asking for too much in one day?

News just breaking on the BBC that Andy Coulson has been detained for perjury!

The gift, it keepeth giving...

But Tony, what you must understand is that sleaze, corruption, lies, double dealing, sycophancy, etc., are all necessary in order to repair the economic damage left by Labour!

It's just that we mere voters don't really understand the economy.

Still, no doubt Mickscalito and the boys will be along soon to enlighten us all. :D

Mull

Curious that it needed seven policemen from Glasgow at 6.30 in the morning. And that you can be forcibly detained and removed to another country, no mention of arrest...

Paul

If the bugger's guilty, treat him like any other perjurer. Jail him.

But it's hardly earth-shattering news, is it? A spin doctor is found to be mendacious, venal, self-serving & dishonest. Shock!!! Horror!!!

(and you can substitute "politician" for "spin doctor" in the above sentence.)

Chris

I fear leakage from the champagne thread.
Btw this is another example of why independence for Scotland is a bad idea.

Curious that it needed seven policemen from Glasgow at 6.30 in the morning. And that you can be forcibly detained and removed to another country, no mention of arrest...

Paul

Can't you read?
Scotland has a different legal system.
As the BBC article says

Mr Coulson is not under arrest. In Scotland a suspect is detained on suspicion of an offence unlike in England and Wales where a suspect is arrested. Mr Coulson has not been charged.

Can't you read?
Obviously it's not me with the comprehension problem.

Scotland has a different legal system.
It may do, but this happened in London where two legal systems seem to be being applied. You don't find it surprising that you can be forcibly removed from your home in England to another country without being arrested or passing through a local police jurisdiction?

Mr Coulson is not under arrest. In Scotland a suspect is detained on suspicion of an offence unlike in England and Wales where a suspect is arrested. Mr Coulson has not been charged.
This is a story edit.

Paul

Obviously it's not me with the comprehension problem.

It may do, but this happened in London where two legal systems seem to be being applied. You don't find it surprising that you can be forcibly removed from your home in England to another country without being arrested or passing through a local police jurisdiction?

This is a story edit.

Paul

So if he is not under arrest why not just walk away? It appears that he was not arrested by the Met. Scottish law is for North of the border and has no validity in London.
We could ask a smart high priced lawyer for an opinion on this if we wanted to & make it run and run. Champagne anyone?

Paul, given who this man is, I'd say the possibility of the Police having deviated in any way shape or form from correct procedure is approximately on a par with Kylie turning up on my doorstep with a bag of shopping and offering to cook dinner.

Rather like the not-so-lovely Rebekakakaargh, I hope that he is called to account for everything that he's done. Maybe, like Archer, our other perjurer, he'll get banged up in North Sea Camp (Lincs coast, Boston area somewhere) and have to drive to Work Experience as a gopher in Lincoln's Theatre Royal. What a punishment that would be. Archer had it so bad that he got back to the nick after the canteen was shut, so he had to get his dinner in the local pub. That will teach him, the lying perjurer bastard.:rolleyes:

Oh happy day!

The detaining of Coulson, along with the protestor at Leveson who shouted that Bliar is a war criminal, have cheered me right up.

I hope the Scots bang Coulson up for a few years.

I wonder if Call Me Dave will be called as a character witness. Lol.

Jack

given who this man is, I'd say the possibility of the Police having deviated in any way shape or form from correct procedure is approximately on a par with Kylie turning up on my doorstep with a bag of shopping and offering to cook dinner.
I agree. I was just surprised.

I guess the 7 man team was for H&S reasons, to share the driving of the van...

AFAICT they have to arrest him or release him within 24 hours of detaining him, which presumably started at 06.30 this morning.

Paul

I hope the Scots bang Coulson up for a few years.

Jack

There is a good chance that he knew Sheridan's phone had been hacked, but there is also the accusation that the NotW bribed the police to supply them with information when Coulson was in charge. So he appears to be in deep shit.

That is not to say Sheridan is innocent, but he may well be pardoned and given compensation.

advertisement

Back