advertisement

Coolest Track Of All Time.

The coolest music has to be from the oeuvre of 60s cold war spy film music. There are a few to chose from. One of my favourites...

Last edited by a moderator:
For me "cool" has to be funky. Fools gold is funky for sure but i would choose put it where you want it by the Crusaders. Tonights listening is gonna be fonky.

Or I guess we could go noir with Miles...

For Miles I'd probably go with one of the one hour jams from the Agharta or Pangea live in Japan albums. He gets on stage, does whatever the hell that was for an hour or two in the most uncompromising manner imaginable; no 'hits', nothing familiar to the audience, no conscession to expectations whatsoever. Job done in the coolest possible way.

For Miles I'd probably go with one of the one hour jams from the Agharta or Pangea live in Japan albums. He gets on stage, does whatever the hell that was for an hour or two in the most uncompromising manner imaginable; no 'hits', nothing familiar to the audience, no conscession to expectations whatsoever. Job done in the coolest possible way.

Tony

I absolutely understand your point. But, and in relation to the prevailing zeitgeist, rather than any absolute measure, I would raise the following points:-

1) Does not involve new wave french b/w cinema
2) No gitanes are smoked
3) No cool short macs are worn by anyone
4) No "national health" style glasses that were cool in the 60s and (apparently) now were worn by anyone
5) Lee van Cleef was not gunned down

In essence, were we dealing with a genuine absolute measure you may have a point. A carefully constructed and referenced Kelvin style scale where the very vibrations of the atom ceasing define zero - then yes. But I suspect with any definition of "cool" then one is dealing with a fleeting, momentary snapshot of a handful of variables that are intrinsically self referencing and ephemeral. Seek not to classify, but to experience. In this vein, and whilst hoping that justice will shortly be given to the character of Illya Kuryakin, see that even that Portishead weren't above a spy film homage...

[youtube]r-U-BHcijS8[/youtube]

The defence rests its case m'lud.

I'll see your Portishead and raise you one from the guy they ripped off...

Cool music, cool film, cool actor, cool cars.

Just to make it clear, I'm sticking with The Ipcress File. The rest is just pontification.

I have avoided the obvious Pink Panther theme, but in a similar vein...

Si Inspector.

Arthur Conley: Sweet Soul Music

From the first note Arthur and the band lay down the rules, if you want to be dancing and shuffling about there is only one sound to listen to - that sweet soul music.

For sheer 60s "groovieness", I'd have to go with this classic... Still one of my favourite Sci Fi films as well.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jOis2GuKUk[/YOUTUBE]

advertisement

Back