advertisement

Connecting A Streamer To Two DACs, Then To An Integrated

ryder

pfm Member
Does anyone have this setup. A streamer connected to two DACs (one via USB and another via AES/EBU etc.), then the two DACS connected to an integrated amp.

Can we switch from one DAC to the other DAC with the push of a button on the remote of the amp? Will it work?

I don’t have that exact setup but something somewhat similar. My Bluesound Node is connected via its analog outputs (using the internal DAC) to one line-level input on my Rega io, and the Node’s coaxial digital output (which is always live) is connected to my Schiit Modi 3+ DAC, which in turn is connected to the other line-level input on the io. I can switch between the two inputs using the io’s remote.

The relevant point here is that your proposed setup will work fine as long as both the USB and AES/EBU outputs on your streamer are always live. The owner’s manual for your streamer should have info on that issue.

Thanks. I've looked at the owner's manual but just to be sure I'll contact the dealer. It appears that if USB is connected, all other digital ports are deactivated.

Note: All non-USB digital output ports are active simultaneously unless they are individually turned off in the LUMIN App.

Note regarding USB: If USB digital audio output is connected, all other digital ports are deactivated. Only one USB port can output digital audio at a time.
USB ports on LUMIN S1 / A1 / T1 / D2 / D1 cannot be used for digital audio output.

I’ve done this with Auralic G1. Had to use Auralic app to switch from usb to aes as both outputs can’t be used at the the same time. Optical, coaxial and aes are all live at same time.

advertisement

Back