advertisement

Cone Portraits

2452010621_9dcece291e_o.jpg

Men Working sign, twin cones and a chair - all to block access to a cul de sac - whoah

Leica M8 Summicron 35:2

I just wish I'd had a camera with me one morning in the mid nineties. As I drove through the busiest part of the metropolis that is St Helens, I spotted a single cone in the middle of a three lane road. It was the sole protection for some bloke whose head was sticking up out of a manhole..............

Mr C, does it have a story? My interpretation is that its from a viewpoint like a bridge and the cone has been tossed away and then decorated with random flowers.

I like it,

Cliff

I used to ride my bike from Kenton to Gateshead just to go up that car park and whizz down the ramps without braking once - unless you were a wimp of course.

2465937142_dc34f2b375_o.jpg

An afternoon trip to Hastings. Amongst other things I spotted SSB mooching around the pier (too far away to attract his attention) and these cones obviously off for a good night out

Nikon D3 etc

Hey, you should have come over and said hello!

The big fun down here is tomorrow: the Jack in the Green parade and thousands of motorbikes for the Great South Run. I'm off into the countryside to miss the crowds.

-- Ian

mr. car.

at last.

i'd be seriously tempted to try that with on B&W film (the cones don't really add much and would not be missed--lack of colour would essentially make them irrelevant). as always, a nude blonde with big hair would improve things considerably.

is that block called thacher row?

vuk.

advertisement

Back