advertisement

Completed my NS-1000M crossovers

Really well done there Mark, superb craftsmanship.

I also made my own NS-1000M crossover upgrades and stands using meranti hardwood, they're still by far the most revealing speaker I have heard.

Please could I ask who refurbished your cabinets, I'd really like to get my own done.

Ben

Hi Ben, I would very much like to see some pics of your upgrades? I refurbished my cabinets, I did everything myself.

There are a lot of pictures and details about the refurbishment here:

http://audioflat.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=159

I've actually done quite a lot to the cabinets including deleting the adjustment pots and adding reinforcement and additional bracing. The actual finish is a melamine laminate.

Thanks :). Yep, as you say, the coils and resistors (10W MOX) are all from Jantzen (highly recomended, as are their UK distributor Audio Components). The drive units were A1 but the cabinets were quite dented and scratched when I got them.

The capacitors are all polypropylene and a mixture of ClarityCap ESA and Mundorf Supreme, Monacor for the bass.The bass section can easily be electrically separated and there is a potential further project of an active crossover (and drive) for the bass section.
If I'm looking in the right place for audio components they seem to be having some problems with their website right now. The link goes to a garbled main page and then nowt works at all beyond that.

If I'm looking in the right place for audio components they seem to be having some problems with their website right now. The link goes to and garbled main page and then nowt works at all beyond that.

They keep suffering hacking attacks for some reason but you can call on: 0118 989 0151.

They are super helpful & also my first choice for xover components.

Yes, their website does seem to be down. However, they are there if you phone them - I ordered some resistors only a week or so ago. The Jantzen inductors are very good though, available in a huge range of mH values and with the alternative DCR values.

Initially I would like to see a product and price list before making any calls but might give them a call next week.

advertisement

Back