advertisement

Comedy Records -spoken word

Sid and Coke

and so the rebuild continues..
Hello folks,

just taking a break from decorating my new hoose, on the look out for a couple of comedy recordings. one of them is called the Driving Instructor ( or similar) and is about a driving lesson, the other one i'm looking for is called the potato (or similar) and is about Walter Raleigh, etc.

they are not for me...

Also use this thread for similar recordings, or general discussion about same :)

The Driving Instructor is a Bob Newhart recording from the 60's - I think my mum has it on 7" vinyl.

John Bird "The Collected Broadcasts Of Idi Amin" is one of my favourites.
Bit dated but people of a certain age will find a lot of piss your pants moments in it.

Ivor Cutler was great too, he had a kind of warm and gentle dry wit which I love. He was very funny as an occasional guest on Mark and Lard's evening show on Radio 1 years ago.

Rich

There was a fad for these things when Radio 2 started (blame my parents for making me listen!) There was an Air Traffic Controller who had an album out about his exploits and also there was a bomb disposal/explosive expert who had some funny tales, I particularly remember his ''a shower of s**t over Shropshire'' when he was called in to clear out an old septic tank

advertisement

Back