advertisement

Clearaudio Products Any Love ?

zeon

pfm Member
So in particular has anyone compared the old type acrylic t/t ( champion, evolution ) against the more modern Concept
or Performance D C ?. I used to own a concept and stupidly sold it to upgrade elsewhere in my system.... Haha !
I much prefer a plug and play type like the Concept for obvious reasons.... I m anti flaffing around !!
Just looking for a back up or to try something different to my Lenco GL 75 ( upgraded bearing ). I also have the Clearaudio Basic
Plus P/ Stage and Performer V2 cartridge, so I m far from immune to a slice of quality Germany engineering.
Although the Performer V2 is one of there cheaper offerings it really surprises with its detail, speed, and in particular soundstage
A better S /Stage in fact than my worn out line contact Decca Gold !! Not saying it's better than my Decca but just as enjoyable I m finding.
So, after an amazing day with the old vinyl I have just one thought on my mind.... it's still GOT IT... it's STILL got it !!
Any thoughts much appreciated.. Thanks !

I recently bought second hand Clearaudio Innovation Wood. It exceeded all expectations. Very refined sounding deck.

I bought a clearaudio solution must be over 15 years ago. It came with a unify arm. I got it very cheap 2nd hand. Anyway I still have it and sounds good to me but to be honest I rarely use it. It sits there looking pretty for when I get visitors!

Never heard any of their kit long enough to form any opinion- which is a pointless post really.:D

Does look superbly made though.

I have a Concept MM, with a Graham Slee phono stage, very pleased with it and the fact that it comes ready-to-go is a bonus! I did need to adjust the tracking force though. I had a listen to a Rega when we auditioned, Clearaudio was a definite improvement.
John

In 2017 I reviewed the Clearaudio MC Essence cartridge for Hi-Fi News. I liked it so much that, when it came time to return it, I told them to send me an invoice for it instead!

I've upgraded my main deck to an Ortofon Cadenza Black since but the MC Essence is still very much a keeper.

I used to own a few Clearaudio mc cartridges such as Davinci Mk2, Reference etc and was very happy with their performance but always wanted to try their Goldfinger Mk2.

I rather like the Smart Matrix Pro RCM - much more ear friendly than the Moth it replaced (not sure it is more effective though).
On a sad note I recently learned that Mike Harris (the person behind Moth) died last year and that the family is closing the business down.

I have a Concept MM, with a Graham Slee phono stage, very pleased with it and the fact that it comes ready-to-go is a bonus! I did need to adjust the tracking force though. I had a listen to a Rega when we auditioned, Clearaudio was a definite improvement.
John
Yes, I had a Rega P5 before, but slightly preferred the more polished sound of the Concept
More so in fact when I introduced Audio Note Z series amps. They imagined well above the speakers,
Just so enjoyable !... Then I changed my system around... Haha !

In 2017 I reviewed the Clearaudio MC Essence cartridge for Hi-Fi News. I liked it so much that, when it came time to return it, I told them to send me an invoice for it instead!

I've upgraded my main deck to an Ortofon Cadenza Black since but the MC Essence is still very much a keeper.
This Clearaudio Performance 2 cartridgeI have been using this week is doing what it says on the tin... it's Performing !!
Playing Bach cello suites ( Paul Tortelier ) this evening is like listening to a completely different record from what I am use to.
Huge well defined images, mids and base really tremendous !!... Btw lend me that Essence Adam and I will be in the Essence of happiness !!
Did that work, Haha... Nope !

Back to the OP
I have a Clearaudio concept MC and I really enjoy it and no desire to change
Mine is on a mana clamp and a mana rack and an LDA power supply the deck also has a Mike p blue belt

IMG-9532.jpg

Back to the OP
I have a Clearaudio concept MC and I really enjoy it and no desire to change
Mine is on a mana clamp and a mana rack and an LDA power supply the deck also has a Mike p blue belt
Wow that sounds good !!. What's an LDA power supply ?... expensive ? Yes there is ( was ?) one on wee pay for about
1200 with that mc cartridge. Food for thought... as always !

advertisement

Back