advertisement

Christmas Wine III

Sorbe Quincy. Delicious.

It all started when I heard on the radio that Bernard Pivot of Apostrophe fame had died, and I thought I heard that he was buried in his home town of Quincy -- so I decided to open the bottle. But it was a mistake on my part -- he was from a little place in the Beaujolais called Quincié.

Shd be ok if you click on it
Besserat de Bellefon bleu champagne.
I found it for less than 20ducats here.
I thought it was good.

Ah yes, you’re right - was looking on phone screen and didn’t click.
Besserat de Bellefon is a solid producer and often has relative bargains. They’ve been through multiple changes of owners, now allied with Lanson. Don’t know that particular wine.

Finally got to taste this ,initial promise nice bouquet, crisp dry fruit ,zesty.
Left a few minutes in the glass it seemed to have died,thin acidy.
Marcillac,mansois grape.

I'm back on the Viña Gravonia 2010, which has improved over the past year. I now have four bottles of 2010 and I've just ordered 6 of 2015. If I ration myself to one a year I should be OK I think.

By the way, the place where I bought the 2015 has a big selection of Greek wines, if anyone knows any of them well enough to recommend please say -- and I'll try to add them to the order (they will dispatch tomorrow)

As you all know it's world chardonnay day and not to miss out I'd love to say I'm drinking Leeuwin art chardonnay, but I'm drinking the modestly named"Cru" by Smith and Jones.
Delicious it is ,I think it was Jay McInerney who called it the poor man's Montrachet.
Anyway here's dirty mother for you ,what could she mean?

^ I do buy Leeuwin Art but mostly the shiraz and sometimes the cabernet. I agree the Art chardonnay is just too expensive but you could try Prelude which is much cheaper and pretty good IMO.

Yeah Cru by Smith and Sheth sold out already in the Waitrose sale it really is a classy chardonnay.
Here's one for the @pilgrim he's out there somewhere.

I'm back on the Viña Gravonia 2010, which has improved over the past year. I now have four bottles of 2010 and I've just ordered 6 of 2015. If I ration myself to one a year I should be OK I think.

By the way, the place where I bought the 2015 has a big selection of Greek wines, if anyone knows any of them well enough to recommend please say -- and I'll try to add them to the order (they will dispatch tomorrow)

Argyros, Thymiopoulos and Hatzidakis are generally superb. Santorini Asyrtiko and Vinsanto are very safe bets and keep for ever. Don’t know Thymiopoulos’ rosés but his reds are excellent.

Argyros, Thymiopoulos and Hatzidakis are generally superb. Santorini Asyrtiko and Vinsanto are very safe bets and keep for ever. Don’t know Thymiopoulos’ rosés but his reds are excellent.
This one from Majestic was good

Bit rude of me not to put the Guigal CdR on Cellartracker. I've found another 2019. The risk of course is that they get lost until past their best. Ct itself says 2022-27 and another site says 2022-2025 so should be Ok. Opening it today to be on the safe side :)

edit no worries it is lovely with the shepherd's pie

Last edited:

advertisement

Back