advertisement

CD player

nbaptista

pfm Member
I have a Rega Apollo R cd player and I like it.But I would like a more upfront sound.Would a NAD cd player a better choice?

I had an Audiolab 8200 or something. That was quite upfront, maybe it was the ess dac. I’ve had a rega Apollo 2000, loved that thing. Replaced it with a Moon Equinox. I regret letting that thing go.

I’m not familiar with the speakers.

In wanting a more forward sound, the cd player would be the last place I would look to remedy this. I would start with speakers

buy it. be happy. awesome kit.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I have a Rega Apollo R cd player and I like it.But I would like a more upfront sound.Would a NAD cd player a better choice?
whats the budget ? there is huge choice now .
this could be a possibilty to fit your criteria

I’m not familiar with the speakers.

In wanting a more forward sound, the cd player would be the last place I would look to remedy this. I would start with speakers
My speakers have a forward sound, more forward than the Epos M15 they replaced.Forward is fun, laidback is a bit boring.

If you really want forward sound look at Naim CDX/180/102 with a hicap and Napsc.
Kan speakers and wallpaper is challenged.:oops:
I've heard some Scansonic and they sounded weird to be polite, each to their own.

I’d definitely be looking at Naim or Exposure, maybe Densen too.

In my experience, NAD kit tends towards a warm laidback presentation despite the somewhat clinical aesthetics. It’s nice sounding kit by all accounts, but possibly not what you’re looking for.

advertisement

Back