advertisement

Cartridge tags for small pins?

Zebbo

pfm Member
Hi all
I've recently changed cartridge to a Koetsu Rosewood Long Body which is very nice but it's pins are quite a small diameter. My cartridge tags are really loose and won't pinch up enough to make a secure connection. I have some tags in a drawer that fit much tighter but the quality isn't all that great so, do any of you know of any particular tags that are both tight and good quality?
Cheers.
Pete.

Get a cocktail stick and push it into the connector tag - use a small pair of pliers to close the tag (the cocktail stick will stop you from crushing it) - job done :).

I've tried nipping them up but, because they are split 4 ways you can't squeeze them down with the pliers. I tried squeezing just a pair of the sides but the metal is so springy that they just ping back.

I've tried nipping them up but, because they are split 4 ways you can't squeeze them down with the pliers. I tried squeezing just a pair of the sides but the metal is so springy that they just ping back.

Oh, I know those ones (Cardas I think) Most designs are of a three sided type with only one split in them (my advice was for that type - sorry).

Hey, no problem, I think they are Cardas, thanks anyway.
Mr Pig, the arm wires are captive. It's an Audiomods arm and Jeff will change them for me I was just trying to find out what tags people have found to be good.

The kind of tags I was referring to can be opened and closed (with care) to give a tight fit - have done it many times (Jeff will know the type).

Guess Koetsu cart's must have standardised their pins, as I've not come across that problem with Linn, Roksan, Lyra or (modern) Koetsus.

The Cardas tags work well. I've used them on several different arms and lots of cartridges without problem.

Yes, they are nice tags and I've not had a problem until now but they are just way too loose on the Koetsu's pins unfortunately.

advertisement

Back