advertisement

Car Insurance

graystoke4

pfm Member
Hi, a couple of guys at work, were talking about their renewal, car insurance, and for both of them it's gone up by about £150, and that's after trawling the sites,
Mine comes up late in February, got a quote today, £425, will have to do some more homework, Nissan juke 16 plate, high spec, only 3000, miles a year, full comp, no claims protected, 17 years no claims,
As soon as i got on the site there was a small note, saying insurance has gone up by 21%, due to unforeseen matters,
Is the CAR industry, insurance wise, just about cars, or do the company's take into account house insurance, with all the floods, and other insurance items,
or is it the price of electric cars, and car prices in general,

Mine increased by 40%.

I rang up and got it reduced to 25% increase.

That's still way ahead of inflation with no explanation.

On am with onecall and god knows what I did but a few years ago landed up on some platinum deal which fixed my price for three years, 360 this year for a BMW 3 series. A quick look at the usual sites shows 560. No doubt it will bite me next year.

The thing is, not all insures on on comparison sites, but after you have trawled through their site for 20 minuets they give you a crazy price,

I put up with their well above inflation quote because they have been quick and efficient on claims.

Also, it takes a lot of effort to trawl through all the small print of competitors offers.

Checking all the details, like insurance against uninsured drivers, which has been necessary in the past.

A good many cars in my road and the area are uninsured and folks no longer bother as a) they dont get caught and b) there are very few police to catch them .when the insurance costs 10 times what the car is worth then its prohibitive

It all puts your insurance up

A good many cars in my road and the area are uninsured and folks no longer bother as a) they dont get caught and b) there are very few police to catch them .when the insurance costs 10 times what the car is worth then its prohibitive

Until they have an accident and the police are called and then are completely f!@%ed - The insurance companies know what they are doing, they're all a bunch of rip off merchants that have us by the short and curlies!

My son’s 34 had his licence for twelve years (clean) and he has four years NCD, he drives an old one litre fiesta (2016) the best deal I could get for him was £440 with no protected NCD, I think the renewal quote was up about £150 on the previous year.

Ironically enough he had a rear end bump (no fault) on the last day of his previous insurance which worked out really well as his excess was only £150 with the old insurance but the new insurance has a £400 excess, although he should be able to recover the excess, the car is going into be repaired next month.

I was so annoyed about this lack of car insurance action i contaced the police and crime commsissioner but he was useless . Recently we had a car nearly blocking the entrance to community centre , this is used by hundreds of people and nearly caused an accident. needless to say it was uninsured as are several of the dumped cars in our road . i think it may well be motor traders dumping them there for months . causes huge problems on a friday when hundreds and hundreds go to the various institutions and cannot park

My son’s 34 had his licence for twelve years (clean) and he has four years NCD, he drives an old one litre fiesta (2016) the best deal I could get for him was £440 with no protected NCD, I think the renewal quote was up about £150 on the previous year.

Ironically enough he had a rear end bump (no fault) on the last day of his previous insurance which worked out really well as his excess was only £150 with the old insurance but the new insurance has a £400 excess, although he should be able to recover the excess, the car is going into be repaired next month.
My son pays 1100 is same situation , slightly younger . 4 years ncd on a golf 1.6 diesel

Checking all the details, like insurance against uninsured drivers, which has been necessary in the past.
Everybody is insured against uninsured drivers, via the "Uninsured losses scheme" for which all insured drivers pay via a 3% levy on all car policies.

By 3% a year AIUI, which is the national figure for the proportion of uninsured drivers.

more than that possibly i think

years ago 1 in 3 was uninsured where my wife worked . probably worse now

advertisement

Back