advertisement

Cantatis Overture 192 - PC audio fans take note!

stugeek

Slow-editing Nutjob
Hi everyone,

I wouldn't normally do a "wow you've gotta try one o' these" thread but if you are into computer audio, in all seriousness, wow you've gotta try one o' these! It's a PCI soundcard from small UK manufacturer called Cantatis.

http://www.cantatis.co.uk/index.php?pag=productd&pid=15&cid=8

I've been using my computer to listen to music for well over a decade and have used many, many soundcards and DACs. Admittedly they have all been in the sub £500 so I've never had the pleasure of truly "top-end" kit so do take what I say with a pinch of salt;

This is by far and away the best digital source I've ever used, hands down. It's just sublime - trying to describe its "sound" is going to be pretty damn hard. Production methods are laid totally bare and every tiny little musical cue comes through right as it should. If this card has a particular strong point, it's the high frequency performance. It's just spot on every time with incredible detail and no fatigue.

If you are looking into computer audio and can use a PCI device, this could well be _the_ product you're looking for. And anyway, they offer a no quibble money-back guarantee if you buy one and decide you don't like it :D

Thanks for reading, I hope someone finds this helpful.

Certainly has impressive specs, although out of stock as far as I can tell. Thanks for the tip though, it definitely interests me!

advertisement

Back