advertisement

Can a Rega External PSU SUT vertically?

jamesd

pfm Member
Does anyone know if there’s a good reason not to keep an external Rega PSU on its side? I’d like to put it at the end of a stack of records in a IKEA Expedit cube.

Thanks

It’ll be fine, non of the rega TT PSUs run hot so there are no thermal issues deal with and the electrons won’t spill out.:)

I would leave a bit of a gap between it and the records though, it probably generates enough heat to upset them over a period of time...

I would leave a bit of a gap between it and the records though, it probably generates enough heat to upset them over a period of time...
I’ve had the TT PSU MK2 and now have the Neo TT PSU, both run cool to the touch even after several hours of continuous use, I really wouldn’t fret over it.

I’ll throw some shitty records on that end just in case.

I hoped I’d hear at least one audio black arts reason as to why it’s a bad idea. Thanks for the feedback. Made it through a full Pandit Pran Nath LP last night and it still sounded weird, so I think I’m all set.

I hoped I’d hear at least one audio black arts reason as to why it’s a bad idea.
Well if you insist... You can't put it on its side as you have to align it correctly, i.e. perpendicular to magnetic north-south. This avoid the rotation of the Earth and its magnetic field inducing current in the circuit. Also don't forget to balance it on three ball-bearings machined from solid sintered bronze by blind Tibetan monks, into oak cups onto a granite plinth placed on a bed of sand in a bamboo tray standing on three sorbothane feet. This will prevent vibrations transmitted by your furniture causing minute variations in speed thanks to quantum uncertainty...

Will that do ? :D

Well if you insist... You can't put it on its side as you have to align it correctly, i.e. perpendicular to magnetic north-south. This avoid the rotation of the Earth and its magnetic field inducing current in the circuit. Also don't forget to balance it on three ball-bearings machined from solid sintered bronze by blind Tibetan monks, into oak cups onto a granite plinth placed on a bed of sand in a bamboo tray standing on three sorbothane feet. This will prevent vibrations transmitted by your furniture causing minute variations in speed thanks to quantum uncertainty...

Will that do ? :D

Obviously it was taken as read that the OP would be using normal good practice as above:D

advertisement

Back