advertisement

Cambridge Audio P60

Roy Gray designed the casework. he was an industrial designer of Woodhuysen Design.

From Wikipedia: In addition to an advanced technical specification, the P40 created quite a stir in part thanks to its iconic and innovative super slim-line case design by Roy Gray, from Woodhuysen Design.

Fair enough, the aesthetics were indeed ahead of their time.

It is a beautiful timeless piece of design. The Cambridge of today could learn many lessons from it!

It is a beautiful timeless piece of design. The Cambridge of today could learn many lessons from it!
Unfortunately exposed heatsinks on the back scare people these days and putting them inside the case has major consequences

Thanks to this thread I have found somewhere/one to have a go at reviving my P50 and T55.

Loss of the boxes over time meant I was forced to be inventive when it came to packaging up the two. The next couple of days should see whether my efforts have been successful.

Sorry for butting in on your thread , I'm not doing for commercial reasons , but because I can't contact my customer. ( I hope you don't mind , he mentioned talking about it on PFM so I found the discussion via google)

NAJB (post ^^^^ above) sent me the Cambridge combo a week or so ago and emailed me today , I've tried to email him back but BT (His email provider) thinks I'm spam so it bounces :rolleyes:
The email has worked ok before today.

So if he'd like to call me on the number on my website between 8am and 3:45pm weekdays , or if he emails me his contact number I'll be happy to call him

Thanks , Mike Powell

Fettling work is well under way.

I have spent the past year or so, on a continual not continuous basis, trying to find what speaker plugs I needed. Mike came up with the answer, Belling Lee. A quick eBay search and 4 are on the way to me.

Now, a TT from the same era......

The man from Bolton has completed the work on mt P50 and T55 and they are on the way back to me. Just over 2 weeks since I first sent them off to him.

Kept me informed all along the way of what and why he was doing things.

Excellent service (he says in anticipation).

I wonder whether I dare try the P50 in my main system as a stand-in for the 552/300?

Just over 2 weeks since I first sent them off to him.

Wow! Perhaps Mike read my remark (above) about being slow:)

Every credit to him.

stand-in for the 552/300?

Might be interesting providing you don't try to drive the speakers too hard....

Let us know.

Jim

System all set-up now and works rather nicely. Excellent service from Mike the repair man.

A bit of nostalgia.

If anyone needs a top notch audio engineer with thorough knowledge of the CA P-Series amps and T55 FM tuner let me know.

I have several items restored and upgraded all to remarkable effect.

Stan Curtis was way ahead of his time.

advertisement

Back