advertisement

Bye bye manpad, hello daughter.

My 24 year old son moved back in just before Xmas, for a 'brief stay' before he finds another flat, after his last fixed term tenancy ended. I had him back last year, during our most recent lockdown (in NZ). This stay seems to be becoming an open ended one.

He drives me mad at times with the two old bangers parked outside, not tidying up after himself, the crime of emptying the fridge of milk and more egregiously, going through all my home cooked curries in the freezer when I'm away, because he can't be arsed to cook for himself. They grow up so fast; he and his sister have both flown the nest, so I try not to sweat about the minor niggles. I love having him here and I know I'll feels so sad when he moves out again.

Mine leave just a little bit of milk in the bottom, so they dont have to go an get another tub of it from literally 50 yards away at the tescos.

Just spent most of the morning/afternoon ferrying stuff, I am too old to strip beds down then reassemble them again.

Helping out is one thing but don't slip into the doing all the running around while she is enjoying the holiday at home!
Get her involved in doing her share of the household chores.

As has been said before; Above all enjoy your time together.
Have picnics, go to the zoo, just sit and talk, whatever, do it together.
It'll all be over before you know it.

Andy

She doesn't know one end of a cordless screwdriver from the other. Half the battle is with the rubbish bed fixings supplied to bind it all together.
None of us know how to do anything before we learn how to do it! If nothing else she could hold the wood/whatever while you deal with the difficult technical tasks! ;)

Andy

None of us know how to do anything before we learn how to do it! If nothing else she could hold the wood/whatever while you deal with the difficult technical tasks! ;)

Andy

Crucial part of education, had a bit of remote teaching while we were on holiday as youngest is upgrading her kitchen.

If the insurance world fails she's looking like a good tiler now.

She doesn't know one end of a cordless screwdriver from the other. Half the battle is with the rubbish bed fixings supplied to bind it all together.

sorry to be blunt, time for her to learn.

you will be mightily p!ssed off having built her bed, when she wants a good sess with her chosen partner and asks you to move out for the night....

advertisement

Back