advertisement

Budget office system

Del monaco

Del Monaco
I’m thinking about setting up a small budget system in a room I’m converting into an office upstairs. I have some Monitor Audio Bronze speakers available and a Creek Fm tuner. I could set up my Thorens or Alva ST in there as well though not sure there will be space.My budget for amp and streaming device is about £200 max. It would also help if the stack was half depth like the Creek? Maybe a Creek amp?
Any ideas are welcome.

WiiM Mini + secondhand amp of your choice.

[Shameless plug alert] I have a spare WiiM Mini available.

Should be able to source a nice Creek amp with leftovers.

TS

I bought a NAD 3020b integrated amplifier with what is regarded as a decent internal phono stage for well under £100. If you like that old 'British' sound then that will do you just fine

I would have suggested the £300 WiiM amp but that’s £100 over budget but worryingly keep reading about users who have issues of low volume levels with the Wiim amp and reasonably sensitive speakers.

I would have suggested the £300 WiiM amp but that’s £100 over budget but worryingly keep reading about users who have issues of low volume levels with the Wiim amp and reasonably sensitive speakers.
I've got a WiiM amp with Rega R1 speakers and it can go pretty loud even in a fair size living room. I don't imagine it'd be any kind of issue in a system for a small office.

Last edited:
Just get a decent smart speaker, gives you flexibility to move things around. I have a little Sonos Roam in my office, works a treat. Who wants to be messing about with vinyl etc in a work space.

BBC drama, a few podcasts, Spotify, Qobuz etc

I've got a WiiM amp with Rega R1 speakers and it can go pretty loud even in a fair size living room. I don't image it'd be any kind of issue in a system for a small office.
I did about a Wiim Amp as I like the pro plus so much. It’s still a possibility.

Just get a decent smart speaker, gives you flexibility to move things around. I have a little Sonos Roam in my office, works a treat. Who wants to be messing about with vinyl etc in a work space.

BBC drama, a few podcasts, Spotify, Qobuz etc
That is a consideration. I’ve an old Logitech Boom lying around.

Crazy cheap from the company direct

I think the conventional multi box system would be more fun. Just scour the classifieds here, or post a WTD ad, something will turn up. I have a Temple Bantam Gold sitting in a cupboard for example.

advertisement

Back