advertisement

BT Sport - new charge heads up.

Well, we've just spent a happy hour and a half trying to contact them, then trying to get ant sense out of them. With impenetrable Indian accents! It ruins the rest of the day, the frustration of it.
Apparently as broadband customers we WILL be charged £5 p/m, but nowhere can we find where we were informed of this. And it's all for Champions League, in which we have zero interest! All we want is MotoGP, and not even HD, but we have to pay for all the other crap too. If there was an alternative I would use it, especially as BT Sport frequently won't work on our PC due to Silverlight issues, no matter which browser we try. It's fine on the laptop, but that means we can't get it to the TV. Grr.

I won't even get started on what I think of BT as it will bring back extremely annoying memories which would ruin my day. Suffice to say I left them years ago and will never go back.

However, getting back to the point, Moto GP highlights are shown on ITV4 shortly after race weekend. Not as good as seeing it all live of course but at least it's free (on Freeview & Freesat).

Can't you run an HDMI into the television which is what we do?
Or did as we have just cancelled our BT order. We started off at 66Mb, currently lucky if we get 12Mb, often as low as 5Mb which makes it impossible to watch on-line. Our up-load speed now hovers around .25Mb (instead of the 15.7 estimated)
Moving over to Virgin without the Sports package which we can do without
That's what we do, but if the PC won't play it, we're stuffed.

I won't even get started on what I think of BT as it will bring back extremely annoying memories which would ruin my day. Suffice to say I left them years ago and will never go back.

However, getting back to the point, Moto GP highlights are shown on ITV4 shortly after race weekend. Not as good as seeing it all live of course but at least it's free (on Freeview & Freesat).
Not much use to me, as I watch the qualifying plus Moto3 and Moto2!

Like most here I hate BT. We have history too. Yet I continue to use them . The situation with the BT sport charge is that if you've ever used the service they will bill you 5 pounds a month. If not they put you on bt lite .

I am looking at other options, but any free streaming sites are poor quality and full of adverts and/or dangers. Plus they are not legal.
We definitely didn't get an email, but my daughter did; neither of has had a letter.

The trouble with these firms is that they are only interested in new customers and don't give a toss about their existing ones. It drives me and the missus crackers that they are prepared to offer everything under the sun to attract new customers but give diddly squat to those that have been with them for around 20 years. Whatever happened to looking after your loyal customers hey. The only reason we don't change provider is because they're all as bad each other...

If we ruled the world....!

I'd like to do that myself. Haven't found a free service to do that with though. I see Eurosport broadcast it so perhaps there's a free way to pick that up somehow. I think I will have to look into it too!

Some good advice on this thread.
Mine is
BEWARE THE NEW BT LITE

It wouldn't surprise me one little bit if you are entering into a brand new contract with them for another 12 or 18 months.

The lied to me over the phone about a new contract, when they ''upgraded'' my line speed. The lengths they go to con money out of you is truly despicable.
I will never ever give those C***s a penny of my hard earned again.

Our Telecoms sector is in appalling state, unwanted phone calls by the sack load, scamming factories, they've even hacked caller display now , confusionary pricing toothless regulator. True wildwest laissez-faire
Sadly this is the lot of so many things these days.
Oh for a political party of real vision!!!!

My advice is dump them, and there's plenty of ways of getting 'free' websites to get any of the additional channels BT offer.

advertisement

Back