advertisement

Britannia Music club in administration....

horace

pfm Member
Well, it seems the end has come for Britannia Music. Their website has been down for ages now, with a notice saying it'll be back up in September....
Their phone number now has a recorded message saying they are in administration.

Shame - I've had some amazing classical bargains from them over the years - The Solti Wagner ring for £30 springs to mind. In recent years I've only ever bought from their sale/clearance range. Perhaps too many people did that....

I know their customer service was often shite (I learned early on that a polite letter of complaint always led to a voucher for a free cd) and their range wasn't brilliant, but I will miss the thrill of spotting a bargain classical box set with 80% off the price in their sale.

They must have been a big company - weren't they owned by Universal?

Martin

Many years ago The Wife got ensnared in thier album of the month scam, soon got out and cancelled.

I don't think thier business model could work in the Age of The Internets.

DS

This was the place that advertised in the back of the Sunday supplements and encouraged you to buy one cheap CD, followed by your entrapment into buying one every month until the end of eternity?

Good riddance. Any business that relies on the stupidity of its customers, or its customers inability to read smallprint does not deserve to survive.

Charlie

I was lured in as a silly teenager and was hounded for years afterwards. All my own fault, of course, but still glad to see them gone.

advertisement

Back