advertisement

Bristol show. Any reports yet?

Yep. I always find myself loving my system when I get home.
I do wonder how many Fishies I've sat next to.. or squeezed into a lift with.. or just wished would get out of my way... I still reckon we should wear a secret identifying sign... so we can greet...or avoid each other ..

You mean like one of those funny hand shakes aka The Masons?

Nahh.. I was thinking more like a massive pink fish shaped lapel badge. you could have it lit up if you are open to greeting, and switched off if not. Something like that.
Obviously banned members and trouble makers would have to wear a special version...

If I get into a chat with anyone at a HiFi show...my second or third question usually is ; "do you read PFM?". Found several fishes that way. The bigger issue is do you reveal what pseudonym you use...you can either deflect, lie or reveal based on how much you like the person you just met or how confident you feel at the time. It's invariably a very interesting encounter, but mostly in my experience it's just a nice thing you have in common.

No need for badges etc...just say hello and then ask... Works for me.

I was there all 3 days. Here's what impressed and what stood out for me.

Speakers: Ophidian, RussellK and Fyne
Electronics: Pro-Ject S2 series of truly miniature components - even smaller, much smaller than MF's v90 series of components
Headphones: Meze (always Meze :)
Portable: ifi iDSD Nano Black Label headphone amp/DAC

apart from the above there was indeed a lot of gear but nothing else that without a fair degree of prodding would be considered memorable.

special shoutout to the Walters of HiFi Racks - their attention to detail and use of solid woods refreshing.

advertisement

Back