advertisement

Brian Johnson statement

sad indeed, i thought your hearing can never get better than what it is,
on a happier note maybe an unplugged album could be on the card's,,,just a thought,,

AC/DC Unpluged, well there's a notion, I guess Nirvana did it and Lemmy did that slow Ace of Spades ad.

Good one for the suggestion box.

Johnson has done a remarkable job filling Bon Scotts shoes, maybe it's just time to stop what with Malcolm being gone and all.

One of my favourite bands.

If I had bought a ticket and then discovered that I'd be faced with the prospect of Axl Rose, I would be demanding my money back.

If I had bought a ticket and then discovered that I'd be faced with the prospect of Axl Rose, I would be demanding my money back.
Let's face it - Brian's voice has been shot since about 1988, and it has been totally shot and become virtually unhearable about 2005. The guy is fun, for sure, but he's supposed to be a singer after all.

ACDC / Axl Rose will sound like any combo made up for some sort of Royal and/or humanitarian festival, the Prince's Trust or so.

Fortunately this is now an option, anyone who has tickets bought through a UK ticket agency should have been offered the option of a refund. This option has to be exercised by 5th May (before any UK tour dates). I took them up on it, for Axl and other (personal) reasons. Just received this back from Ticketmaster:-

AC/DC

Hi there,

Quick update about your booking!

We recently got in touch to confirm that refunds for the AC/DC shows were available.

We are now contacting you to confirm, as per your request, we've now refunded your booking - you'll see a credit onto the card you used within 15 days.

If you have any questions for us, there's lots of information in our FAQs. If what you're looking for isn't quite covered, get in touch with one of the team by sending your question through the helpdesk.

Best Wishes,
Ticketmaster Customer Service

I like him and think hes a great bloke. I have often wondered how he kept that level of performance up.

It must take its toll and clearly it has. Just standing on the stage with those monitors is a full on attack. If he wants any hearing left I fully understand his decision. he has given so much of himself already

I wish him all the very best

If you want to see a great fun tribute band, check out Dirty DC, a decent nights entertainment.

Cool. There's an all-female tribute band here named Hell's Belles that makes a joyful noise.

Can my Def Leppard tribute open up for you? We're called "Rick Allen's Left Arm".
Reminds me of a short-lived Portland band called Iommi Stubbs (Sabbath influenced, but not a Sabbath tribute band).

(I'm secretly hoping one of the Elvis impersonators gets famous enough that I can put together a viable tribute act, thus becoming the world's first Elvis impersonator impersonator.)

Last edited by a moderator:
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
If you want to see a great fun tribute band, check out Dirty DC, a decent nights entertainment.

Yes we see Dirty DC on a regular basis, one of the tribs we never miss out on. Shame the l0older guy became ill but the youngster is coming along.

Cool. There's an all-female tribute band here named Hell's Belles that makes a joyful noise.

Reminds me of a short-lived Portland band called Iommi Stubbs (Sabbath influenced, but not a Sabbath tribute band).

(I'm secretly hoping one of the Elvis impersonators gets famous enough that I can put together a viable tribute act, thus becoming the world's first Elvis impersonator impersonator.)

Years ago, and I do mean years probably 81/82 ish, an Aussie band called Cheetah supported Saxon, they had two female members fronting the band, and covered some AC/DC numbers in their set.

The whole gig was pretty unmemorable, we left after Saxon played 747 Strangers in the Night and went to the pub, it was that good!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheetah_(band)

Last edited by a moderator:

advertisement

Back