advertisement

Bose 501 IV or Pink Triangle Ventricle

Garth

pfm Member
A friend of mine has a pair of Bose 501 series IV and has the option to replace them with a pair of Pink Triangle Ventricle's at a very attractive price and which are working properly. Any opinions on either speaker?

Any thoughts on positioning for the Ventricle's? I think the Bose are supposed to work well close to the back wall. Not sure about the Ventricles.

Thanks!

Depends what your friend is looking to achieve, the Bose 501- 901 are great fun but seriously flawed in most areas of sound reproduction. I have owned a pair of 901’s since the late 70’s. I haven't heard any Triangle speakers though. Can he demo them at home?

I have had a pair of 501s and I loved them. Amazing sound that many speakers can’t achieve but they need fair space behind them, good positioning and good amplification. I would buy them again with closed eyes. Never tried the Ventricles.

Depends what your friend is looking to achieve, the Bose 501- 901 are great fun but seriously flawed in most areas of sound reproduction. I have owned a pair of 901’s since the late 70’s. I haven't heard any Triangle speakers though. Can he demo them at home?
Pink Triangle (of turntable fame) made the Ventricle speaker, along with other non-turntable products such as the Ordinal DAC. Triangle (not pink...) are a completely different (French?) speaker company.

Never even seen a photo of the Ventricle's, though I have heard of them. Must've made about two and a half pairs. Intrigued.

Pink Triangle (of turntable fame) made the Ventricle speaker, along with other non-turntable products such as the Ordinal DAC. Triangle (not pink...) are a completely different (French?) speaker company.
... and I believe there was a possibility of a matching subwoofer, called the Testical...

Alex

Pink Triangle Ventricle was/is a very narrow rear vented speaker (iirc), around 1m high and 25cm deep. Tiny bass unit. It will have no bass. Maybe a bit if really tight against a wall...

Ventricle or Ventrical? Which is right?

Don't know the 501s but still desire a pair of late 901s for some reason.

I have had a pair of 501s and I loved them. Amazing sound that many speakers can’t achieve but they need fair space behind them, good positioning and good amplification. I would buy them again with closed eyes. Never tried the Ventricles.
Me too. My first new speakers in circa 1979 and absolutely loved them.

Never even seen a photo of the Ventricle's, though I have heard of them. Must've made about two and a half pairs. Intrigued.

I have one of those pairs in the second system, they have an ok bass, really nice imaging and treble but are inefficient. They use EMIT tweeters which stands for Electro Magnetic Induction Tweeter which are a copper foil etched on plastic which go to about 45KHz IIRC, NEAT audio use them and I believe NEAT are highly regarded.

advertisement

Back