advertisement

Bluesound Flex 2i issues

Philip Read

pfm Member
I've about come to the end of my tether with the 2 of these I have and run as a stereo pair. They've always been a bit hit and miss but when on song are pretty good as a near field computer system wired(main use) and ocaisional use elswhere including the garden for BBQ's and the like.

The current issue appears to have come about from the latest software update and everything that comes through them appears to be very left sided. Definitely not a speaker issue because swapping the speakers over still leaves the problem on the left side. If I slide the balance fully right it sometimes quietens the left speaker and makes the right louder but often has little effect.

I'm just curious really if anyone else uses these speakers and has similar issues? T obe fair I'd really like to get rid and ket some similar KEF's, more money I know but the biggest issue is they are just too big for my desk! Are there any other small but good wireless speakers worth looking at?

I am very active on the Bluesound forum and not seen this issue posted. The recent 4.0 firmware did cause a lot of usability issue but nothing about lop sided balance.

Sometimes anomalies do occur and these are basically computers and can be fixed by breaking the stereo pair and recreating, then if still no luck the good old fashioned factory reset tumps. You must have already broken the pairing to swap them around so a factory reset would be my next step.

Bluesound support has been overwhelmed recently but gather they are catching up so worthwhile trying the reset and then if no luck use the BluOS App and raise a support ticket.

Personally I also really like them as a pair and love the asthetics.

Last edited:
Just bought a nice little bluesound node 130 .plugged into dac and just beginning to play with it
Using qobuz and its had all upgrades

2 tracks started buffering , checked my internet speed which a decent virgin hub 4 i think . Hardwired to this .speed is 260 Mbps ...is that why its buffering do you think ?

Just bought a nice little bluesound node 130 .plugged into dac and just beginning to play with it
Using qobuz and its had all upgrades

2 tracks started buffering , checked my internet speed which a decent virgin hub 4 i think . Hardwired to this .speed is 260 Mbps ...is that why its buffering do you think ?
You don’t need anthing like 260Mbps for Qobuz, if connected via Ethernet it may be worthwhile rebooting the Virgin hub and if that does not help then log a support ticket with Bluesound.

advertisement

Back