advertisement

Big change this morning - all to fund a new car...!

hifilover1979

Bigger than you...
Well... :(

Sold my Cyrus 8DAC and KEF LS50's this morning...

Sold my BMW E60 M5 (Eisenmann intake and full manifold back exhaust system) last week as well...

All to fund a Jag XKR :D

Going to take my time over buying one though as their prices hover around the £38k to £50k mark, I'd like one in between with plenty of toys etc

Been hankering after a 2 door GT coupe for a while and was really tempted by a tuned BMW 645i (can't afford an M6) but it just didn't give me that 'right feeling' whereas as soon as I sat in the Jag and started up the painful cheek grin-factor was there!

Wish I could afford an F Type lol ;)

Does anyone on here own an XKR or has owned one in the past? Any 'personal' recommendations of what to look for? I'm all over the Jag forums so have a list of things to check re some initial recalls etc but nothing more that worries me...

Can't offer advise; but I would say.....brilliant choice. For me, the 'XK' is one of those rare cars that ages rather well in appearance. Like the 'E' Type, they look better and better.
Takes some guts too.........wish I had the nerve. Beautiful cars are few and far between these days.And the XK is beautiful.
NB: do we need a 'blind' text now to check whether it is a pretty car?

I have a S-type R, amazing vehicle , waffle like a gent in comfort and become a yob when you prod the loud pedal in anger. 2003 model, immaculate , 43000 miles. Cost me around 7000 quid..best money I ever spent on a car.

I went the other way , sold one of my vettes and a camaro to afford my G1s and Devialet, kept one really evil vette , but dont use it much , prefer the Jag

Bah, Jaguars are for footballers and entrepreneurs in the adult entertainment industry. Now, give me a Bristol... :)

Anybody who as a working car who sells thier hifi to buy another working car should be given a 1 month ban from PFM well they contemplate if they really want to be an audiophile ;)

shameful behaviour :D

Anybody who as a working car who sells thier hifi to buy another working car should be given a 1 month ban from PFM well they contemplate if they really want to be an audiophile ;)

shameful behaviour :D

to be fair tho - he only sold his hifi to buy some petrol for it... :)

I have a S-type R, amazing vehicle , waffle like a gent in comfort and become a yob when you prod the loud pedal in anger. 2003 model, immaculate , 43000 miles. Cost me around 7000 quid..best money I ever spent on a car.

I went the other way , sold one of my vettes and a camaro to afford my G1s and Devialet, kept one really evil vette , but dont use it much , prefer the Jag

See, I always wanted an S Type R but they're just too small inside... Really uncomfortable for me in the driving seat and absolutely no room behind me for passengers, even the wife couldn't fit and she's only 5ft 5!

I do already have an MG ZT-T V6 as my daily car but trying to find a reasonably priced ZT-T V8 (everyone thinks they're still worth c£10k because they're 'rare') :rolleyes:

My 12 year old son wants me to get an XJ6 4.2. He thinks they are awesome, though he's never been in one.
It would be fun.

My 12 year old son wants me to get an XJ6 4.2. He thinks they are awesome, though he's never been in one.
It would be fun.

We changed car earlier this year, and our 13 year old son had all sorts of useful suggestions as to which supercar we should get.

Oddly the 1.4 Polo we ended up with wasn't quite what he had in mind...

Fully agree with this. The 2003 is the classic model. Mine cost 2000€, a real bargain. Unfortunately it lives in the garage as too expensive to run.

Lovely car. But if you have to sell cheap bits of hi-fi to fund the insurance and breakdown cover, I'm left wondering if it's the right car for you.

I wasn't desperate for the £££... Already have the money for the car and everything else; it was really to see a system that wasn't getting used and getting as much £££ back as possible

The fact that it covers the insurance helps ;)

advertisement

Back
Top Bottom