advertisement

BBC "License" for LS3/5a

The ‘King’s English’ doesn’t sound quite right.
Must be all those years in school and having the Queen’s English mentioned so much.
Oh, those happy schooldays...

Makes me think of Dolby. Every (nearly) cassette deck since the early 1970's had it. In the beginning it was a valid patent, every deck manufacturer had to pay Dolby 1 dollar (I think) per unit sold. They also had to make or buy the circuit/chip as it wasn't supplied by Dolby. After 17 years the patent wasn't valid anymore. Then the manufacturers had to pay Dolby 1/2 a dollar to put the trade marked double D label on the deck!

Makes me think of Dolby. Every (nearly) cassette deck since the early 1970's had it. In the beginning it was a valid patent, every deck manufacturer had to pay Dolby 1 dollar (I think) per unit sold. They also had to make or buy the circuit/chip as it wasn't supplied by Dolby. After 17 years the patent wasn't valid anymore. Then the manufacturers had to pay Dolby 1/2 a dollar to put the trade marked double D label on the deck!
Now that's smart business!

The BBC are mssng a trick. Imagine the desirability of speakers that actually had that badge on the front with a nice marketing backstory, entirely made in England, xlr connectors, branded cables to match.

advertisement

Back