advertisement

B&O are at it again...

Lovely. I'm too much the hifi enthusiast to have such an integrated system (and I can't afford one) but stunning kit.

Another company that just totally misses the mark! Surely someone would have had the thought “I know, do you think we should include a streamer as well. You know, as things have moved on quite a bit”. But then it would have been £60k, I have a few B&O products, but quite honestly they deserve to go bust!

If you’re looking for the best sound for your £45k, I doubt you’d find it here… but that’s not really the point for it’s target audience.

If other modern B&O kit is anything to go by though, it won’t sound crap!

Another company that just totally misses the mark! Surely someone would have had the thought “I know, do you think we should include a streamer as well. You know, as things have moved on quite a bit”. But then it would have been £60k, I have a few B&O products, but quite honestly they deserve to go bust!
It does include a streamer, but it’s not really the point of this.
I was interested in the Beogram 4000 reissue until I saw the price.

”Included in the box: 6 x carefully selected CDs”

I wonder what they are?

PS The original was a design classic in its own way, as was so much B&O stuff. Pleased to see some CD resurgence anyway! The CD revival starts here! I’ll be rich as I’ve got a house full of them!

Although B&O may not be for every pink-fisher, it's a bit of an iconic design, I like the idea of a refurb and reissue of an older product (whether or not actual changes and deviations from the original are good or not I don't know, we seem to have an audio restomod!), but they've gone totally nuts on the price. More-or-less tacked an extra zero on the end.

I watched Taylor Swift's Eras video (don't judge me - 3 and half hours of TS is karma enough) on a recently dealer-installed B&O home theatre set up. It went loud enough and rattled the windows, but was otherwise a bit muddy. I preferred my Mum's Sonos. Ginormous screen didn't detract from the amazing theatre of Taylor Swift's show tho.

Beautiful, but the price!!

Beosystem 9000c
I quite like the idea of revisiting 'classic' designs in this fashion. I thought the 'back from the dead' 4000 turntable was stunning.

In any case, I doubt price matters much to the customers for this stuff, they'll buy it because they want it, and what a bunch of geriatric farts on a hifi forum think will trouble them – or B&O – not a jot.

I confess an awful lot of modern kit makes me think 'the cat's sat on the keyboard again' (what looks like too many repeated numbers); remind me how much a lot of recent 'anniversary' kit from 'proper' hifi manufacturers has cost.

I guess it'll sound pretty good too, a lot of B&O kit actually performs better than many in the 'it's all gloss, no substance' camp might realise. The fact you could get a different sound from a 'normal' system is irrelevant in their target market.

advertisement

Back
Top Bottom