advertisement

AVX film cap group buy?

James Evans

Bedroom Bodger
Always up for playing around with feedback caps...

I was looking around at pricing for these based on reading the nap140 thread. They're pretty much the only fb cap I've not yet tried. Digikey have them for $17 each. Quick bit of googling and farnell will order them with a 12 week leadtime. They have various values and moqs etc:

47uf 75v £4.44 +vat. MOQ 80, order multiple (OM) 80
47uf 100v £4.59 +vat. MOQ 56, OM 56
68uf 75v £5.07 +vat. MOQ 65, OM 65
110uf 75v £9.62 +vat. MOQ 48, OM 48

Seemed like pretty keen pricing.

My vote would probably be the 68uf 75v, all have 27.5mm lead spacing

Cheers for all the payments so far. Still to pay are:

Stuart Frazer

James

I'd definitely be up for ordering a pair of these caps for my 140. Don't really have a preferred value I'd go with the group vote on that :)

Hey James,

can you read minds?

I recently picked up a pair of AVX 68 uF 75V caps on here and having tried them I doubt I'll ever go back to anything else.

I could do with another four and also thought of trying to start a group buy because, although the lead time is given as 14 days, Farnell need a minimum order of 65 and multiples of 65 thereafter.

I think you need to settle on just one of your options and this would definitely be the one for me,

malcolm

p.s. you won't need any more bass than the 68 uF gives you in a NAPA board.

Hi Malcolm

I wish!

Personally I'm settling on the 68uf, although happy to do a GB of other values should demand meet the MOQs. I never got on with mmks, and have wet tants in there at the moment, which sound great to my ears, but you just never know.... Nirvana could always be a tenner away...

Perfect timing! I've been looking for some large film caps too. Would be up for at least 4x whatever the consensus goes for, with a preference for the 68uF device (been looking for some Wimas with little success).

Thanks.

Justin.

Hi Malcolm

I wish!

Personally I'm settling on the 68uf, although happy to do a GB of other values should demand meet the MOQs. I never got on with mmks, and have wet tants in there at the moment, which sound great to my ears, but you just never know.... Nirvana could always be a tenner away...

I was, and still am, a devotee of wet tants (I hope I didn't do a typo there!) but the 68/75 AVXs are doing it for me right now. Definitely in for at least four.

Perhaps you should restart this as a definite GB for the 68/75?

Those prices are half what Digikey & Mouser charge! I'll check Newark (= Farnell USA) and see if we can get a North America GB going.

My 250 originally had 100uf tants in them (they now have 47uf MMKs), so I would lean toward the 82s myself. I would probably only be interested in two. This assumes a Stateside participation in a group buy would be tolerated :)

advertisement

Back