advertisement

[FS] Audio Technica ART9XA

Chris Marshall

pfm Member
Really nice low output moving coil cartridge.

Details and review are here

I bought this on here with less than 10 hours use around a year ago and have only had it mounted for around 10 weeks since then, I play around 3-4 hours if vinyl in a normal week so this is well under 100 hours use.

Apologies for the less than fantastic photo's, can't make close up work so well. I can assure you it's in excellent condition and has only played clean LPs.

Looking for £550 including postage.

Any question, please ask.

Some interest but the low output seems to be peoples uncertainty.

It’s fine with my Accuphase that has 66db of gain, I would think 64db is absolute minimum or a suitable SUT with a MM stage.

I have one and think is is excellent. I sounds similar to my previous AT33EV but even clearer and with super low surface noise. Works well with Naim 323 cards as head stage and there is plenty of volume unless you really want to damage your ears.

Hello.
Is this still for sale? How well do you think it would work on an Ekos?
I have 3 MC phono stages :
A WAD SUT
A Whest TWO
Naim 42.5 + MC boards.

Last edited:
Just looked at your link, and 0.2mV (at the European standard) is a reasonably healthy output and no self-respecting MC stage would have problems. Generally, the lower the output the fewer the windings and this usually correlates to a better s.q. My EAR onboard Valved stage handles my Proteus which has a lower output. My old Superline would've been fine too.

Thanks everyone for the added information , this is still potentially available.

I’ve recently bought some new speakers and a phono stage and will try it with those, once
I’ve done that I’ll decide for sure.

Cheers

Chris

advertisement

Back