advertisement

Audio Research SP11

Judging by the rust and corrosion on the psu
And the inside on the main unit they’ve probably been buried and long forgotten in a damp warehouse for years. May be worth an offer but I wouldn’t want to plug that into until it’s been properly overhauled.

Last edited:
The SP11 was my dream preamp once. I think you’d need deep pockets and a good repairer to bring it up to its original glory. It makes me think of an Alexander Greek Thomson villa I lusted after up here, with a Grade A listing (ie ££££££ repair bills ) and someone saying to me “that roof would break your heart”.

I suppose my point is, how much to get it on the road vs how much to get it operating to original spec/ low noise floor.

The SP11 was my dream preamp once. I think you’d need deep pockets and a good repairer to bring it up to its original glory. It makes me think of an Alexander Greek Thomson villa I lusted after up here, with a Grade A listing (ie ££££££ repair bills ) and someone saying to me “that roof would break your heart”.

I suppose my point is, how much to get it on the road vs how much to get it operating to original spec/ low noise floor.

lots I would imagine

For that amount, it would have to be in full working order. If it’s being sold as a repair and service yourself item then the price would have to be way lower to attract interest.

advertisement

Back