advertisement

AT Art9 vs Lyra Delos vs Dynavector DV20x

I'd add the Linn Krystal to that audition list. when it was first launched, I seem to remember a thread on here or another forum comparing the Linn vs Delos vs Dyna & the Linn was the clear favourite.
The Dyna & the Lyra are both excellent carts. I've heard the Lyra a fair bit & it doesn't really have any big weaknesses. I haven't heard the AT, so can't comment on that.
The decision may well come down to what other kit its going with, ie what Arm, Phono stage, etc.
Nice decision to make though!

Do Linn make their own, or is the Kristal made for them by a well known maker? Just wondering if it's something I'd recognise from elsewhere?

Krystal is made for Linn by Armour (Goldring). It uses a 3 point mounting system as per Troika etc to their own spec (7075 alloy).

Meant to add, I have one here but not compared it directly to the other two. I've used a Delos before for a while, which is a clean good all rounder but wasn't that impressed, the Kleos on the other hand is exceptional.

Krystal is made for Linn by Armour (Goldring). It uses a 3 point mounting system as per Troika etc to their own spec (7075 alloy).

Meant to add, I have one here but not compared it directly to the other two. I've used a Delos before for a while, which is a clean good all rounder but wasn't that impressed, the Kleos on the other hand is exceptional.
yup, agreed but closing on 2 grand...

Out of those I'd choose the DV having owned the DV20x2l & XX1 plus the Lyra Delos.

Lyra - found the Lyra to be quite dry and not particularly exciting
AT - Haven't heard that one but I'm not a fan of AT having heard the AT33 and few other (older) ones.

Just to throw another in I'd consider the ZYX R50 as I preferred that over all 3 of the above.

Far from cool, it's very forward and has a lot of drive, having recently owned a Decca Gold I'd agree with people who say they are similar.

The ZYX is pretty much a Decca without the foibles.

ART9 one of the best sub £1k bargains & would add to the list
Ortofon cadenza red/blue & London super gold

ART9 one of the best sub £1k bargains & would add to the list
Ortofon cadenza red/blue & London super gold
I had a cadenza black and sold it. It's very refined and detailed, but too neutral for an already neutral system, and the tracking 1mm above the LP surface always made me nervous! :)

i would keep the AT 33ptg II on the list. From the three listed I would go with the DV20, I enjoyed one for a fair while, I prefer the AT 33 PTG . You also have the advantage that they cost real world money, and work out affordable in use.

advertisement

Back