advertisement

AT 637 stylus cleaner (Boxed)

I haven’t got boxes for either of mine. In fact until quite recently I didn’t have a cover as mine broke within weeks of buying it back in the ‘80s.

I’d happily pay that price, but not just for the box! I’m done, I’ve got a really nice one and another as backup in case it ever breaks. I’ve got a bottle of AT fluid, plus Nagaoka’s equivalent.

PS After diving down the microscope rabbit hole I’m even more convinced by these. They really do work to the extent it is pointless trying to assess a stylus condition unless it is fresh off the cleaner.

Quite a few on eBay. Do they fail?

They seem to last forever! Even the pad doesn’t seem to wear. My original from the early ‘80s is absolutely fine and I can vouch for that having been used a few times a week. It just keeps on going. They are also astonishingly light on batteries, you need to remember to change them as they’ll likely leak before running out. I use mine with a Enaloop Pro rechargeable now for peace of mind as I’d hate some crappy modern Duracell or Energiser alkaline battery to leak in there. Again lasts for ages.

Personally a box or not wouldn't matter to me. Like a tatty album sleeve - I don't care so long as what's inside it is good...

I remember from my childhood a Dukes of Hazzard episode when the General Lee was out of action. They needed a quick car. Cooter (was it??) came up with something - a matt black, beaten-up thing that looked s**t...

But then he opened up the hood and there was a newly installed chromed Hemi that really was the business... guess that's why I like sleepers 🤪

advertisement

Back