advertisement

[WTD] Arcam Alpha 5 Button

Arnsider

pfm Member
A bit of a long shot. I have dug out my old and completely original Arcam Alpha 5 CD player. I knew the drawer mech had failed so I have dissected it and ordered a new crumbled cog wheel as expected. Sadly I’ve found that I no longer have a power on/off button and I’ve no idea why. Just wondering if any fishie happens to have a dead unit or a box of bits as a replacement. I intend to try it as a transport into my Nova. Probably can use a biro to ‘push it on’ power wise but would be nice to have a proper button. I would of course be happy to cover postage and a modest fee for a replacement. Do appreciate it’s an old unit and a long shot.
Thanks to anyone in advance

If no one here can help, this seller on eBay seems to have lots of bits and bobs, so might be worth contacting?

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
It doesn't really help but I recommend always turning the Alpha 5 off at the wall anyway. The Alpha 5 doesn't have a proper power switch but instead has a standby mode. Consequently several sections of the player remain powered up 24/7 as long as the power is still connected and this is why the Alpha 5 suffers from a number of common capacitor failures in the power supply section. Turning it off at the wall will make it last MUCH longer between recaps.

May thanks both for your help. @Mike P - I hadn't realised that the unit only goes into standby so turning it off at the wall may be the answer. It is only likely to be used sporadically anyway. Advice much appreciated.

advertisement

Back