advertisement

Any good festivals?

Kids/G-Kids off to ‘Y Not’ at the end of July.

We went a few years ago, but I couldn’t manage it with crutches and needing to sit down most of the time.
The sniffer dog found my morphine tablets, which was funny. Such a waggy tail!
I had my prescription with me so no drama.
In the end it got muddy as well, so we left. Festival days are over for me.
Did Reading a few times early/mid Nineties a probably a few local ones, definitely a few motorbike festivals - they were nuts.

My artist mate seems to go to a small festival almost every week, so must be a lot to choose from dependent on taste - and stamina.

I am attending this years Tramlines, I can walk to the venue (Hillsborough Park) & my youngest is going with her pals. I am not really much of a festival person, at least I can go home if it rains.

Hi, showing your age chartz, :D and just googled Cath kidson bugger me, i thought it was daft hats and bong's, ;) at festivals

In my opinion yes there good festivals, some I have enjoyed when I was there and some maybe just looking back at.
Started my festival career just after my 18th birthday at Reading 1980, went to Reading for four years moved on the Glastonbury mid 1980s, started going to Cambridge Folk Festival, for the next 20+years, continued going with young children, different experience I never knew festivals had story telling and circus workshops!
Moved on the family friendly festivals, Wychwood at Cheltenham racecourse, now that's middle class for you, Lakefest complete with the children field organised by horse drawn traveller types. Meet people, discover new music, meet friends who you only know at festivals, drink cider, leap around with aging punks, rockers and others, what's not to like. Yes there are good festivals still and only two weeks to my first of the year.

Off to Connect in Edinburgh this August, cracking lineup. Love Green Man and End of the Road as well. Used to love Latitude but it's gone way too commercial now. Shambala was great fun as well actually.

Some friends of mine went to Lakefest in Herefordshire last year. They are all in their 50s/60s, never been festival goers before, and had a wonderful time. Very chilled. If you left your chair in the main arena, it would still be there later when you came back. Yoga in the mornings was popular. They took food to cook at the tent, but ended up using the street food instead.

They are going again this year - they are still working on me to join them. It is tempting.

Blue Dot festival at Jodrell Bank. Last headliners we saw were Kraftwerk, New Order and Hot Chip. Nice sciency vibe going on, too.

Brecon Jazz Festival 7th - 21st August 2022.
This years full program has not be published yet, but I have been a few times prior to lockdown and always enjoyed it. Usually a good lineup of a variety of bands and individual stars, Mix of free and paid events throughout the town in halls, pubs and on the streets particularly at weekends.
https://breconjazz.org/

advertisement

Back