advertisement

Amazon Prime change of delivery guarantee?

Copperjacket

pfm Member
Good afternoon

As I search a variety of items (Friday lunchtime) on Amazon, I see nothing available for next day delivery instead everything seems to be marked for Monday.

What is going on here? Have I missed a change to Amazon’s Terms?

Perhaps it’s a People’s Republic of Scotland issue after all I am only 20 miles from Edinburgh and 40 miles from their main depot!

We have a guarantee to deliver most things next day
Around 1 in 20 are left outside our gate next to the road

It's still next day for most things but a lot of items are now 2 day but many of those aren't 'sold' by Amazon, they're only supplied by Amazon.

Everything in my wishlist is delivery for tomorrow, check who's actually selling the item, I bet it's not Amazon.

Bank holiday weekend too 😉

I've just checked Amazon Gift Cards and definitely says delivery tomorrow.

PS: I'm in Scotland too so that's not the issue.

I have raised a formal complaint with Amazon after being given the run around speil about certain items not being in stock etc - some of which I can accept. However even their Customer Service Rep agreed that can't apply to their own Gift Card and something is wrong!

Sounds like something wrong with your account, almost like your Prime account has switched to an ordinary account.

Locally (in North East Scotland) we have an interesting situation. The town I live in has deliveries by Amazon and next day is the norm but always in afternoon. However for a friend who lives in a small village 3 miles from town and my sister 3 miles the other way the norm is 2 day deliveries. The "rural" areas are subcontracted to another delivery company. Amazon can't get the parcels out to them early enough in the day for them to deliver that day.

Are you sure you have the 'Prime' button selected at top left of the search results page? Something that catches me out

advertisement

Back