advertisement

Allo Digione Signature anyone?

Is there a commercially available linear PS with 2x5v outputs that I could use instead?

I use this one to power my Digione Sig:
https://www.teddypardo.com/powersupplies/dual5.html

I don't think you are talking night and day improvement with the PS supply though. Your £400 might be better off spent elsewhere. It was more a peace of mind thing for me.
Allo Digione Sig is an awesome little box though (not just great for the money), sound quality is fantastic.
I run PicorePlayer on mine which was an improvement over Volumio & Moode IME.

Has anyone who uses the Digione Signature in its plastic case managed to get the micro SD card out without partially dismantling it? I just broke the card on mine trying to get it out. :mad:
That aside, I am well pleased with the Digione Signature, which is a significant step up from my Hifiberry Digi+. (After a bit of burning in / warming up).

Unfortunately my plan to use my Anker battery pack for the clean side didn't work. I think it may be that the Allo board draws such low amps that the battery pack thinks that it isn't connected to anything and so shuts off. Ironically, a cheapo battery pack from ASDA that my partner has does actually work.
I have decided to order some batteries and a charger for the Allo battery pack which I bought just in case I needed it so look forward to having it running with those.

Moving from a decent USB converter (Art Legato), I'm really impressed with the Digione Sig.

I'm currently powering the clean side using the recommended batteries. Has anyone compared these with any high quality power supply such as the Longdog Audio / MCRU 5V 3A Linear Power Supply?

I may well stick with the batteries but if I could also get an improvement in SQ I might be tempted with the power supply option as it's also less hassle.

It was me who compared the Ciunas supercapacitor PS vs the stock SMPS and battery pack. There is a noticeable improvement as I elaborated. What I forgot to add was that i also compared just powering the 'dirty side' with the Ciunas supercapacitor PS and keeping the battery pack on the 'clean side'. The difference was negligible which proved to me that the improvement was really in improving the power supply to the Raspberry Pi itself. I do however dislike using the battery pack which is flimsy and unpredictable.

Thanks, I’ll look into this.
I’ve been powering the dirty side with the ifi iPower, improves on the stock supply, but seems unreliable.

Moving from a decent USB converter (Art Legato), I'm really impressed with the Digione Sig.

I'm currently powering the clean side using the recommended batteries. Has anyone compared these with any high quality power supply such as the Longdog Audio / MCRU 5V 3A Linear Power Supply?

I may well stick with the batteries but if I could also get an improvement in SQ I might be tempted with the power supply option as it's also less hassle.

I found the same, except I replaced a Halide Bridge / AQVOX power supply with the DigiOne Player. I had a feeling at the time that ultra low-jitter SPDIF direct would be better than USB to SPDIF, and I was right. The Halide Bridge is no slouch either.

@Yomanze yes, it was actually your previous post which inspired me to try the DigiOne, a few years ago when USB converters were all the rage the Halide Bridge was about as good as it got. Thanks!

advertisement

Back
Top Bottom