advertisement

All purpose football thread 2023/24 Season

The reality is that if they stood down all the dross there wouldn't be many left standing.
The players don't help by continually cheating.
I do agree except that a lot of cheating could be minimised by applying rules consistently. On penalties give a foul by the same criteria inside the p box as out. Why does a player ‘have’ to go down to get a pen? So annoying.

Playacting is more difficult, but a signal from the ref could give a player a, for example, 10 sec warning after which an further 20 seconds are added as a penalty

Saw Franny Lee playing for Derby at the Baseball Ground against Liverpool. Talked about in hushed tones in the away end. Unlike loads of ex players who went on to run pubs he had a successful toilet paper business after his playing days.

I do agree except that a lot of cheating could be minimised by applying rules consistently.
100% agree with this. It is time cheating was stamped out, if the referee misses the incident during the game, a ban should still be given afterwards. Eventually players will learn that cheating does not pay dividends.

The VAR/replay operator/referee transcript from Liverpools disallowed goal has been released - send ten and sixpence were going to a dance.

Good to see two of our top teams from the strongest league in Europe doing so well last night in the CL:oops:

Back to the VAR. In general terms I'd be happy for the offside rule to be a rough average of the last person's body weight because there is no measuring device precise enough to expose the finest of decisions so how do you define offside anyway. I don't care where his foot is it's hardly active given where the rest of his body is. I hate pixel peeking on VAR the mathematical reconstructions and I hate protracted delays. In this case they forgot the on field decision, which doesn't appear to be 'flagged' as in cricket, for example. Offside was a reasonable decision for the Lino.

advertisement

Back